Friday, February 03, 2006

Kobe Bryant and Me! Like Brothers From Another Mother

I bet the people that really don't like sports were looking at that title saying, "oh Creegs, you're so silly" or something girlie like that. Did you see the stereotype right there at the surface? People that don't like sports=girlie?!?! I'm a pig! So anyway, here it is, Post #81. It took me since July to write 81 of these mind-numbing things. It took Kobe Bryant 48 minutes to score 81 points and about an hour to screw the concierge at that Colorado hotel two years ago. She didn't like it in the butt, so she told the authorities, that's not right. The fact that he was married was the worst part. Oh well, I don't care, I'm sorry to waste everyone's time including myself. Sometimes(most of the time) I go off on tangents. It's how I roll.

So this weekend holds absolutely no real exciting goings ons. I have a friend in town from Jacksonville, who's moving to Chicago on Wednesday and so really tonight is the last night for me to hang out with him before he heads to the great northwestern city in the sky. I threw in "in the sky" just for 'poops and chuckles'('shits and giggles' for the common folk, but I don't like to curse on here, my 10 month old niece reads the blog.) So I am sure that we're going to do something extremely dumb, I'll take saturday to think about it and take some phone calls about my apalling actions and then I'll write them down on Sunday morning, maybe evening, haven't figured that out quite yet about times. I wanted to get this post out early in the morning so that if you were bored at work, looking around because you remembered that Friday was one of the new "post days" I wanted you guys to have something to read. Here it is, once again a wasted five minutes of life that you will never get back.

So we're going to Key West for Smoke's bachelor party in April. I cannot wait. But I have been trading (3) e-mails with Cookie(sorry bud, that's how creative I get, or not really) about odds of who's going to be going to the Monroe County Jail. I'll have you know, that odds are opening at 10-1 that it's yours truly. Those are good odds. But I did bring up the question this morning when I responded that does Public Urination a jail-able offense in Key West? That's something that smart people need to look up for me and e-mail me to let me know. If it is a jail-able offense, my odds should shoot up to 3-1 or so, because it is inevitable that I will pee somewhere outside. I can't help it. Everyone has 'a gift.' Mine? It's peeing outside, while walking and not getting any on me. Although the last time I was picked up for PUBLIC URINATION in Athens-Clarke County, Georgia, I had dribbled a little on my pants and 'Pacific Blue' pointed it out for me. "Thanks Jack, I needed you to degrade me in front of beautiful UGA girls." I made out with no one that night. Awful.

That reminded me of a story. This is, I guess, going on three years ago. We go to Athens one night, THREE(new name AYB3) and STROKE(new name, new mention) came to Clemson to visit and we decided to head to Athens with a few of my friends from Clemson. Well I actually had game that night and was talking to a girl. I forget her name, but it's not important. She is digging the Creegs, I'm all about this girl. She gives me her number, but that wasn't the end of the night for us. Before I had to go pee, she asked me to go to the pizza joint with her to grab a slice. We were staying in the "Roach Motel" where the roaches did not cost extra, thank goodness, so I was hoping to be an overnight visitor at her place. BUT I HAD TO PEE! Oh yeah, that and the fact that I pussed out for some reason and said that I had to look for my boys because they don't know where they were going, yet Stroke was already off with a girl, Three was fine, and the Clemson crew were running all sorts of awful game on these poor girls. So I could have very easily have gone to the same pizza joint that we were inevitably going to go to, except with a really attractive girl. I blew it. Because on that night, I had 'game' but no follow through. I was a starter, not a closer, right ZD? I was a Cy Young Award Winner that night with this BEAUUUUUTIFUL girl, in my drunken eyes. So, I have her number, I am going to call her the next time I was down there, which was two weeks later. So I call her, and she's all excited that we're coming down. This time, it's just me, Mr. T, and Tyks(pronouned TeeeeeeeeKs) among two others, and early on in the evening after talking to an officer of the law, which was my MO in that town for some reason, I dropped my phone and the "number plate" came out and fell into a sewer. Terrible, terrible thing. So she calls, and I see the name, but can't answer the phone because I have nothing to push. It was one of the old nokia phones where there was the plate that covered the buttons and without it, the .......ah, nevermind, just know that I was unable to answer my phone. She called three times, one message said, "My friends are here and I've been talking about you all week, and now you're not here so they think I'm a liar." And she walked out of my life forever. Damn! THAT'S HOW I ROLL! That pizza joint had damn good pizza though.

Sorry about the tangent, but that was just a story that came to mind as I was typing here this beautiful rainy 70-degree February 3rd day. Regardless of what the time on the bottom of this post says, for some reason it's way off and I don't know how to fix it, it's really only 8:11am 2/3/06.

"You're beautiful, You're beautiful, You're beautiful it's true. I saw your face in a crowded place, and I don't know what to do, 'cause I'll never be with you..." -James Blunt

No comments: