Monday, February 06, 2006

Already Off-Schedule

Here I am saying that I'm going to post on Tuesdays/Fridays/Sundays, and the first Sunday comes and goes without any useless banter. The exact thing that I wrote about earlier, about going to a site and hoping that it's updated and it's not, just hit me square in the face. I'm going to blame it on the rain, like Milli Vanilli said...kind of. You see, I don't know if people read the newspaper or watch the weather channel, but we had 12 inches of rain here on Friday. That's no joke. 12 inches in six hours. Think about just how hard that rain came down. Smoke, if that was in NJ, you would have had your 12 feet of snow. But it didn't knock out power, although it knocked down roofs and tore through Pinellas County, where I live. It was brutal. I drove to Ft. Myers, about 2 1/2 hours away and it was bad the entire day. Just a miserable day where I'd much rather have been snuggled up with my comforter watching Oprah eating bon-bons. Ok, well maybe not the Oprah thing and truthfully, I really don't know what a bon-bon is exactly. But you get the point. Not really the most exciting work day going on when weather is nasty, and you work on the road. Even the bums were inside and not wanting a nickel when I pulled off a highway. You know it's bad when the bums aren't "working."

On to the weekend that was or really wasn't. Because of the weather, I had a lot of catch-up work to do on Saturday, so that was pretty much a wash. Unlike a week ago, I was sober and in bed at a decent hour without the phone calls that sum-up my being. Friday was a party at the old stomping grounds in Tampa for a buddy that is moving to Chicago this week. He's going up there to live with his fiancee, only, we think that he'll be back in Tampa in the matter of a few months because we're not sure he's going to like living with her. But for now, he's very happy and I hope for the best for them both. Shenanigans insued, somewhat on Friday night, but nothing really "BLOGWORTHY" with the exception of my phone calls at 3:30 in the am. Sorry again for those who received these calls. It is what I do best. See a few years ago I got yelled at for making calls after like 11 on a Friday by an unnamed friend, and have been pretty good at not calling he or his wife, but that just added to the people that I do call now. 3:30 is a bit over the top, and at some point, it will stop. I just don't know when that point will be.

I got called out this weekend. Called out HARD! I left a messge for a friend(he may not call me the same) about heading to the Motherland(Clemson) to see a show(play) involving some "friends" in March. You see, my friend that called me out, called me back to say that I throw his name all over the blog, get him all giddy making it seem like he's a great bud of mine, but when it comes down to it, it's a front. A front for what? I don't know, but a front nonetheless. He said this because he was in a show in South Carolina as well, and I failed to go visit Podunk to see him in a show, but I'll go see people I rarely talk about. I can't compete with that. It's true that I did say that I wanted to and will go to Clemson for a show and totally denied going to Podunk to see him in a show. I'll stop now because I don't want to be called out again. Needless to say, there is Clemson Baseball(probably my favorite thing in the world) the weekend that I want to see the play and go to Clemson, so it'll be worthwhile. I also found out that a former teacher at Seton Hall Prep, that I was good friends with, his wife is pregnant, and he now lies in Greenville, so I'll get to see him and his two boys as well. So to my friend in Podunk, South Carolina, my most sincere apologies and enjoy Hell, by way of Nashville...er...Tallahassee.

What a Monday. That's really all I can say about that and today. I hope that everyone is doing great. I wish the Seahawks would have won last night, but they didn't. Oh well. I miss everyone that I do not see regularly from NJ to Savannah to wherever else you may be reading this mindless shenanigans. I'll be back on track tomorrow...until then...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

true, very very true!