It was such a good idea at the time and I was even complimented on having the schedule a few times. But I didn't take into account the fact that I am a drunk. See, I went out Saturday night for the first time in weeks, if not months. Well the way that I drink or rather, the way I drank that particular night left me in the bed all day yesterday without much. Everytime I was thinking of getting up to write something, my head pounded me back into the bed. Awful hangover. One I've been lacking for some time. I think I drank about 116 beers Saturday night. It was brutal. There was a makeshift margarita mixed in there, a kamikaze shot, a jaegermeister shot, but no gin bucket, thank goodness. Needless to say, I fought off the 'pukes' yet again, slept on a couch that wasn't big enough for my feet, got woken up at 4 in the morning in my buddy and his wife's bed in just my boxers and a t-shirt, not having any idea where my pants were. I found them in the spare room scattered in the corner, with my sweater(it was cold in Florida, still is.) and my shoes were somewhere else entirely. It was pretty impressive really. Also, there were blinds knocked off the wall, I probably did that as well, who knows. Problems.
There was some excitement before we even went out. See it was a 21st birthday party for one of my friends' brother. We were smart enough to get a cab to go where we were going, and as we were heading downtown to Channelside, we saw this drunk dude driving all over the road and two cops following him. One of the cops put his lights on but the drunk dude didn't stop, just kept going driving in the middle of the two lane road. Finally he pulled over as both of the cops turned their lights on and trapped this inebriated man. I thought I was going to be on an epidsode of cops. Because it was a two lane road, and the second cop pulled around and cut off said-drunk guy, he impeded our progress. And we were the first vehicle behind this scene. I was partly buzzed and so I was screaming and yelling, hooting and hollering. It was pretty fun that it wasn't me.
Like I said, nothing really going on for me yesterday. Just nursing the hangover, was supposed to go to the Horse Track here with some friends but I just couldn't pull myself out of bed. Why am I still tired today after 15 hours of sleep? That's how I roll, I guess.
Sorry for the boring post, it's Monday. I'm of-schedule and busy with work. Back on schedule tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment