Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Was Duped!

So yes, my feminine side has come out the last, I don't know, eight weeks on Monday nights. I watched The Bachelor. Not only did I watch every episode just about, but I was into it. I have a real knack for getting sucked into a tv show. Don't get me started on Stone Phillips and Dateline. Ooh buddy, that show sucks me in everytime, I have to avoid it like the plague on Friday nights. But honestly, as I've said in the past, Monday night is my favorite night of tv, and probably has been since The Fresh Prince graced us on Monday nights. Monday may have taken a back seat to Wednesdays in college when Dawson's Creek exploded all over the WB, but I'm back to Mondays. How I Met Your Mother may be the best new sitcom on TV in my opinion (don't jump down my throat.) It gets better and better every week. I love that show. So I'll break it down like this.

7:30 Jeopardy (yes, it comes on at 7:30 in the South)
8:00 King of Queens (while eating dinner)
8:30 How I Met Your Mother
9:00 Bachelor
10:00 Road Rules/Real World Challenge
10:30 back to The Bachelor
11:00 bedtime
I won't mention that I will flip on Monday Night Raw wrestling to see some bad acting. I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes. That's a full night right there though. At 11, I'm throughly exhausted from all that my brain has just taken in from the tremendous shows.

But to my point. I don't know who out there watched Travis fool the world last night. He chose Sarah from Knoxville, TN. The girl that I think he should have picked. She was just more down to earth, in it for the right reasons, etc(I can't believe I'm typing this.) The other girl, I can't even spell her name. You should have just saw me trying to figure it out, and then deleting it, Moana, Muana, Moanna, whatever. I wish I could just add some voice over. She was just a weird bird. She was gorgeous, but then again ABC wouldn't put an ugly girl on that show. That's why I want to be the Bachelor. Not really. But throughout the entire finale last night, there was just a feeling that Travis was going to pick the moan-girl. There was something in the way that he talked to his family about her, the way he said that he just laughs when he looks at her, enjoys every moment together, blah blah blah... BUT, that's the key word, but! It was great. I caught myself with a sinister smile on my face when he said to her, "BUT, I can't choose you." I was happy. Then I thought to myself that Sarah is one more female taken off the market. I can't ever find her, sweep her off her feet and marry her. Travis is going to do that. I tried to put her picture on this post, but I forget how to do it.

Moms and Pops Creegs are coming to Palm Harbor this weekend. There are Yankee tickets involved. Very excited about that. I probably mentioned that before, but it didn't seem official until I received my tickets in the mail, which I did yesterday. So it's real! But apparently Jeter, ARod and Damon won't be playing, but we're hoping to see top prospect and SHP alum Eric Duncan in action. That would make it a great trip. Plus, it's baseball season! It's spring training which is so much fun. If you've never been, I highly suggest getting to Florida or Arizona, you know, it's easy, and get to a game. The apartment is clean, and we're ready to roll!

Now off to work. Even though it's Florida and it doesn't really get cold here, everyone seems sick. All of my "customers" are coming down with these horrendous colds. Maybe they're just sick of me or sick of getting money from me whenever I come take books that they no longer need. I don't know. Have a great Tuesday. Back on Friday for news about a mellow weekend. Stay safe.

"Count all the bees in the hive, chase all the clouds from the sky. Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh..." Kenny Loggins - "Return to Pooh Corner" (don't knock it, it's a great song.)

No comments: