Friday, February 24, 2006

Flavored Water And My Future Wife



I know Sasha, I love you too! Haha. So I was driving in Central Florida yesterday and I stopped for gas and a drink. I have a new-found affinity for Propel, a gatorade drink, which is basically flavored water. I love this stuff, as evidence of the SEVEN bottles that I threw out at the gas station. So I went inside to start another bottle that would end up on the back seat floor of my car. Unlike every other gas station in the world, this podunk gas station didn't have Propel. I was devastated, but I did see Dasani had flavored waters, "flavored by Splenda," in the past, so I saw "Dasani Sensations" in the window, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was wrong!!! This "flavored water" had the disclaimer that I missed when I purchased it. It said, "lightly carbonated," which means to me that I bought the wrong drink. When I was growing up, my mom would drink "Clearly Canadian" or flavored seltzer water. I used to vomit whenever I would see that stuff, it was pretty cool really, vomit coming out of my mouth just at the sight of this drink in my fridge in New Providence. Ok, I made that last part up, but I remember vividly that when there was nothing in the fridge and I would have to drink that crap, I HATED it. So when I opened this debacle in a bottle and took my first sip, I nearly drove off the road into on-coming traffic. You ever have one of those things where you're eating or expecting something entirely different then what you get? It's an awful feeling. I was expecting water with a hint of mixed berry, but I got bubbles. I'm not a big carbonation fan, unless there's alcohol in it. May, that ruined my day. I was having a great day until that. I talked to the T just prior to opening this awfulness, and that was cool, but man, I can't emphasize enough how bad this drink was. So don't buy this gag-inducing drink, that is, unless you like those kind of drinks and then you're allowed to buy it. It's only 99 cents.

How about my girl Sasha Cohen?!?! I love her. Go ahead, make fun of me, I'll wait...Ok, I can say that I love her, because she is 22 years old. I know she looks younger and her petitte body makes her look younger, but man oh man, I think she's just gorgeous. I get in these funks where I watch the olympics and pick out a girl and just go crazy, but not in a wierd way. In this case, I'm Sasha-crazy. In 1996, I was Kerri Strug-crazy. I used to watch figure skating with an ex-girlfriend, which is a big reason why she is an ex, haha. But seriously, I always thought that Ms. Cohen was a cutie, but had to wait until she was 18, which, unbeknowst to me, was 2002. So Sasha won Silver last night in the Women's Figure Skating at the Torino Olympics after leading after the first day(I don't know the difference between Short Program and FreeSkate, no clue actually.) She fell last night on her first jump. I wanted to jump through the tv and pick her up, "dust her off" and let her on her way, that is, if I actually watched it. American Idol, Survivor and Dancing with the Stars was on, so I didn't actually catch the fall, with Survivor really taking most of my attention. What a nice play on words that was. Catch the fall. "I was a little bit in shock in the beginning, but I found some strength to get up and finish the program strong."-Sasha Cohen on ESPN. Yum.

So this weekend is probably going to be a boring one because my parents are coming to town next weekend, we have Yankee Spring Training tickets next friday, and therefore I have to clean the apartment this weekend. I am heading out on the town tonight because one of my old roomates, the first time I lived in Tampa is coming into town and neither me nor the other roomate has seen this dude in like 3 years. So it should be a lot of beers and maybe(probably) some karaoke because that's how he rolls. I'll be sure to give you loyal readers the lowdown of tonight and my cleaning prowess on sunday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, be safe and I'll holler at you mo-fo's in two.

No comments: