Sunday, February 26, 2006

No No, Here's To YOU Mrs. Robinson

You ever get a song in your head, and it's old and probably not the most popular thing in the world and you like it a lot? That's they way I feel about Dan Foglebergs, "Leader of the Band." I was playing NTN trivia last night at the restaurant that I went out to and there was a part of the game called Trivioke, where they give you the singers name, then some lyrics and you have to correctly identify the next lyric. It's pretty tough really, but that song came on and ever since, I've been humming it in my head, and wanting to hear it. I know Mr. T, in Aiken, SC knows this song. He knows every song in the history of the world. So really, there's no relevance to the title of today's post, but sometimes I just have a thought in my head and I just type it in the title space.

So, quickly, I'm sitting at my desk right now, obviously, with the window next to me open, watching the sunset when I hear screaming, like screaming bloody murder outside. This is not the first time I've heard this, and it's most definitely a kid, and by all accounts, the same kid. No, he/she are not being beaten by anyone, just running away from friends or simply crying. This is one of the most annoying and misleading sounds there is in this world, that and chewing your food by smacking your lips and chewing ice as previously stated by ZDP in the comments section of the last post. I remember growing up in South Orange, New Jersey and I was little, only lived there until I was 8, and I would be playing with my boys in the neighborhood, or 'hood as the kids say nowadays, and I'd yell loud, I know, you don't believe me, I'm not a loud person(how about that for a run-on sentence? How many commas can I put in that thing?) So anyway, I would scream that annoying sound, and my mom would come running to the window and see if I was alright, then calmly she would call me inside and tell me that if I ever scream like that again, she'll "give me something to scream about." Now my mom was the diciplinarian in my family growing up. If me and my brother would act out of line, my dad would come home and simply say, "Wait until your mother gets home." Oh man, that line still gives me goose bumps. She never beat us, but the verbal lashing that we'd receive was enough. This woman still gets the utmost respect from me, and I'm 28. As I was typing that last part, the blood-curtling scream came again. I'm about to shoot this child, and I like kids for the most part.

So Friday night was the night out. I went over to Tampa, and hung out with some peeps, there was vomit involved, a mysterious neighbor, possibly homosexual maybe not, going on. All in all a good time. When is going to bed at 5am not a good time? That's way too late for this guy, but peer pressure's a bitch over at this particular house. It's like drink until you pass out, and then drink more after you pass out. I slept on a leather chair, with an attoman(sp?) on marble floors, so the attoman moved constantly. I woke up at 9, drove home, got into my bed and slept until 3:45pm. That's a wasted day right there. I'll tell you what, it doesn't feel late at 11 when you woke up a meer 7 hours prior. It's just tough to get back into the groove once Monday rolls around. So tomorrow should be interesting.

More on Tuesday from my goings ons from tomorrow or maybe some other random story that comes to mind while I'm travelling the West Coast of Florida tomorrow. That's where I do my best work anyway. Holla back youngin'!

2 comments:

bdonin said...

"...there was vomit involved, a mysterious neighbor, possibly homosexual maybe not, going on."

What was going on? You have to qualify that statement, buddy. I could make assumptions...

Unknown said...

the Marine puked everywhere, being that he was on cold medicine. The neighbor is extremely and I mean EXTREMELY metro-sexual, whatever that is. Probably should have clarified that statement, but I just type whatever's in my head. Neither of which had anything to do with me.