Here I am, on a Friday night(after midnight, so technically Saturday) by myself, drinking beers talking to cute girls...ok, A cute girl (not plural) on the AOL Instant Messenger. Usually, I'd have better stories on a Friday night, but I don't tonight. I was just saying that I had all of these ideas in my head for a good post today, but as soon as I sit down to do it, or rather, as soon as I sat down to do this one, I forgot what I was going to write. So it's another day, where free-writing becomes the way of the world. The title of the post is what my day has been. I've watched a little bit of the olympics opening ceremony and a "friendly" between the US and Japan men's soccer. That's the excitement that is my life. See here's where I went wrong. I was working all day today, had a long one, but productive one. I was supposed to go to Jacksonville to see some of the old Clemson students that I worked with and who worked for me when I was working there. I decided, after a long day, that the four hour drive was not for me. I had a lot of administrative stuff to do for work, and I really just didn't want to drive in traffic, so I didn't go. I feel really bad about not going because I really want to see those kids. They're no Mr. T, but they're good people. I may go tomorrow, but then again, I have two great options of going out tomorrow. One is celebrating the Winter Olympics with my Clemson peeps, and the other is going to Channelside, a downtown type bar area here in Tampa. Either way, it'll be a good time.
"Kind of a quiet game for Landon Donovan." It's one of those nights for me. See, Landon Donovan is the best player for the US. He's the "face of US Soccer" if you will. The announcer just said that on the air, and it's exactly what's going on with me. Kind of an off-night for me. I had some great conversations, rather, a great conversation on the AIM, but other than that, I'm still awake and it's late, and I'm being REALLY boring right now. Sorry.
Hmmmmmm... think of something fat head...I wrote, a few weeks ago how much I love Women's soccer, and then went on to name the players of the team and a show about how four of them retired together and how I got goosebumps, and had a "chill-moment" watching the show. Well the men are the same way, with the exception that none of the players give me chill moments, I just enjoy watching the games. It all started in high school, and probably even before. I played soccer all my life and then I decided not to play my senior year, but that didn't stop me from going to EVERY game. I went to every game, home or away, no matter if they were during school or not. You see, the state tournament happened in november and with the daylight going short and for the most part ending at 4:30 or 5, state tourney games would start at 2. Well my high school was playing the biggest rivals that we had, Delbarton, in a game and I decided that I was not going to miss what could be my former teammates last game in high school, so I went, skipped two classes, got three detentions for it, FROM MY FATHER. I didn't care. I went into my dad, who was the dean of men(discipline), told him I was taking his car(which was the car I drove in high school) to the game, and he came back with, well you know you're skipping your free period and then English, to which I responded, "yeah, that's cool, what's that four detentions?" He looked at me and said, "be careful." He knew what that game and what that team meant to me. I went, we won, end of story. I did it again the next game, although I had permission, so I didn't get in trouble. But I love watching soccer. I loved it at Clemson, and now I watch the US religiously. I watched the World Cup in 2002 when the games were at 2am, 5am and 7am. I got up, and quietly cheered as I was living in Madison, NJ with two roommates sleeping. I love US Soccer.
So I have a sick affinity for "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS on Monday nights at 8:30. My new celebrity hearthrob is Cobie Smulders who plays Robin on the show. If you haven't had the chance to watch, yes, it is the show with Doogie Howser, but it's BRILLIANT! Easily my favorite show on tv. It's awesome. Check it out on Monday...wait, let me check to see if it's a new episode, hang on...who am I talking to...er...typing too...oh well, I'll just move on...by the way, it's a repeat, but it's okay, it's still funny.
So I'm going to broadcasting school, I think. I got accepted to it and should start up March 6. It's a dream to be on Radio or TV for that matter. I don't know much about radio or tv, but I'm going to learn here soon. I'll keep you all posted about it.
Speaking of chill moments, I'm have gag reflexes. I'm not really, but I wanted to type that. I hope each and every one of you has a great night/day.
No comments:
Post a Comment