Friday, March 03, 2006

Weddings and National Lampoons

Don't you hate when you think of something, so you start the story by giving introduction to the person/s that you're talking about and then before you get to the CRUX of the story, you forget about where you were going with the original story. Well, if it doesn't happen to you, it happens/ed to me. I'm the worst with that, I think. I was at dinner tonight with Mr. and Mrs. Creegs telling a story about a great man that I work with and something that I told him to do, that was a la something MY parents told me to do when I was younger, and it worked. Well, I did an entire introduction about this gentleman and then totally forgot where I was going with the story for about 15 minutes before I finally remembered. AND I WASN'T EVEN DRINKING! So that was the moment that I decided that I drink too much. That, and the fact that it's 1:00 am, I'm watching Skin-Amax, and not even a good one, and yearning to go to bed, but I forgot to write a post this afternoon, so I wanted to do it, being that it's kind of still Friday. I've been pretty bad at keeping up with my schedule. That's already the third time that I've missed a day in just over a month at having the "schedule." Sorry about that, I really, truly am.

So I had a conversation just a moment ago with my boy SMOKE DAWG!!! Well, he's actually the former smoke dawg, but I still call him that because it's hard to get out of that name after nearly 8 years of having it. So anyway. I was trying to figure out whether or not I would have a "and guest" for their wedding in August. The thing is, I told the bride and the groom that I don't want, nor deserve one unless I have a girlfriend by then. Well, four months away, the chances that I have a girlfriend are slim and none and none just left the building. So, I'm coming to terms with the no guest, drunken Creegs antics that takes place at weddings. Although, I'm thinking about not really drinking too much and really thoroughly enjoying this wedding entirely. I enjoy every wedding that I go to, but I haven't been all that sober in awhile at a wedding. Of course, if I have to sing, I'm going to be getting a bit tipsy, just to be sure that I say something stupid on the mic, like, "Did I win the lottery?" That was the line of the century. That's how I roll.

So Mr. and Mrs. Creegs are in town tonight. We went to see the Yankees play today, they lost 11-10 in the bottom of the ninth, but it was a good game. Tom Gordon, ex-Yankee, got SHELLED, and after leading 10-8 in the top of the ninth, my boy, Eric Duncan came to the plate and stroked a two-run single into the gap in right centerfield to tie the game. It was awesome to see. We also ran into a SHP grad from the year 1967 who was extremely drunk, but a lot of fun to talk to. He was so excited that he ran into someone from New Jersey first, and then SHP alums, like me and my dad both are. It was good times.

Back on Sunday. If you have any questions about the above post, please don't hesitate to contact me at casey_cregan@hotmail.com to have your questions answered. Or call me, I'll tell you the story. It's a good one and a typical Creegs extravaganzaa!

P.S. Why do all the boys at the sports arenas hit on EVERY female that walks in, even if it's my MOTHER! Ewwwww!

No comments: