Tuesday, March 07, 2006

MySpace and Cheesesteaks...Perfect Together

It's like Governor Kean used to say, "New Jersey and You, Perfect Together," and he was right. But ever since that brilliant Governor of NJ used that tag line for the Garden State, my home, I've always put it to use with other things. As in today's title. I'm very well aware that I missed Sunday's post, I was at a Spring Training baseball game with Can'tMiss, getting a sunburn/tan in Sarasota. It was cool as shenanigans! I don't want to say shit because there may be kids reading...aw shit...damn...did it again, Fu..........you get the point. So anyway, where am I? Who knows, somewhere in Florida, it all looks the same to me. Beaches and people over the age of death. So today, I didn't want to miss. I had to post something, anything whatsoever. I've been having a bit of writer's block recently, not saying that I'm a writer, but more or less a "brain-storm(less) jotter-downer-on-the-computer-guy." You get the point. So as I wracked my brain last night trying to think of something for today's post, I couldn't do it. I always talk about How I Met Your Mother on tuesdays and the television habits of yours truly, so I wanted to try to shy away from that because that's tired. I could put down how I am now taking classes for broadcasting school(very cool) and will now miss all of my monday night programing for the next 16 weeks, but that wouldn't be that interesting either. Then I thought about what I had to do today, Tuesday, March 7th. I had a very important meeting with the Director of Instructional Materials in Pinellas County today. A very, very nice man that is a big shot in my line of work. AND, I don't know if anyone has seen my car lately, but my "regulators" in my rear windows went bad, so they were going to be fixed today. I didn't really think either of these things were blog worthy, and the former is not, but here's the story of my tuesday. See how you like it. If you hate it, it's okay.

So my appointment with the Jeep dealer was at 8:30am, no problem, I'm up well-before that. I start my day as per usual. Same routine, etc. Get down there, drop the car off, and the gentleman behind the counter says, "Do you have a ride home? or do we need to give you one?" To which I respond, "oh no, I have a ride." The best part of my response was that I did not have a ride. I don't know what it is, I love being around people and making them laugh and smile and have a good time, but I can't sit in a car with a stranger, unless they're a taxi driver and their car is marked that way. Maybe it was the episode when I was 6 where a guy in a blue car stopped his car around the corner from my house while me and John Burlington were walking down the street and told us to get in the car. Maybe some of that is still lying around in my head, I don't know. I know that I would rather walk around town looking for an Enterprise than get a ride home. ALSO, I don't like how Enterprise "picks you up." That freaks me out too. I've always told you that I'm weird. Here's proof. So I start walking, and yes, the Forrest Gump theme song started playing in my mind while I just kept walking and walking and walking. I actually measured it when I got my car back. 4.6 miles. That's right, yours truly, Mr. Fat Guy, walked 4.6 miles. Why? All because I didn't want a ride home. Here's the kicker. I didn't walk home. In 4.6 miles, I could have walked back to my house, but instead, I went looking for an Enterprise or some sort of car rental place to no avail. So I just kept walking. Then I thought of a buddy that I'll call FreeRide because he let me stay at his house for virtually nothing for six months here in Tampa. He works right down the road and used to work for Enterprise, so I'll call him up, ask him if there is an Enterprise around and/or he could come pick me up, drive me to his office, I'd hang out there until my car was ready. Or drive me to Enterprise, whatever, something, just get me off of this god foresaken roads. He had a meeting 20 miles away all day, so that was out. So I conned myself into thinking that it was good excercise to walk (at this point I didn't know just how long I'd walked.) Needless to say after a trip to the mall, phone calls for work, and just taking in the scenery and the sunshine was a good day. BUT, I decided that it would be a good idea, since I was in neighborhood, that after my car was fixed, I'd go to my favorite restaurant in town. It has the best cheesesteaks in the land. It's called LaSpada's, it's on Main Street in Dunedin, Florida. I've had the Pat's and Geno's in Philly. I've had Jim's in Philly, I've had Philly Phlava in Tampa(which is pretty darn good too!) but the best steak I've had ever is LaSpada's in Dunedin. They are authentic Philadelphia. They do have a store on the outskirts of philly(you, try to step to me, don't be silly, Gettin' Jiggy Wit It!) Sorry for breaking out into Will Smith, it had to be done. So my deal today was to treat myself to two. Have one for lunch, save one to heat up for dinner. Well, that didn't happen. I tried to eat both of them in one sitting and needless to say, I've been unable to write this in one sitting, if you know what I mean. I didn't get the second one down. I took two bites and had to wrap it up for later. Oooh Fahh! As we used to say.

So that was my day in a nutshell. I'm off to Clemson, South Carolina this weekend to see some peeps, see a show and see some Clemson Baseball, currently ranked #2 and #3 in two polls. They were #1 in both last week, but lost one game to USuC Cocks this weekend, and Georgia Tech is 14-0, so it's understandable and acceptable. We're still damn good though, I'll give a full report from the motherland. T-minus 10 days until Savannah. Really looking forward to that. I wish that girl from TCNJ would e-mail me and tell me when she's arriving into town. That's right! I called you out! Have a great week. I'll post THURSDAY this week to make up for my drunken stupor that will happen in Clemson on Friday night.

No comments: