So here I am, the last morning of my trip to my favorite place on the planet, Clemson, South Carolina, trying to recollect what happened to me. The things that you need to know is that I lost my cell phone for hours, finally found it in the couch in which I slept. I have officially lost my sandals. That's a neat story. Neat, what a neat word. Oh well, on to the debauchery that was my friday night.
I came into Clemson on Thursday night, took Friday as a personal day, got here at a decent hour, went over to the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts, my old home away from home to see some people. They suggested that we go out, so we did, I had a couple of beers and that was that. Slept until 11am the next day, that was a little strange, I haven't slept until 11 since college probably. It makes sense though because I was here in Clemson. Friday, I did a whole lot of nothing until 4 when I went to the #2 Ranked Clemson Tigers Baseball game. I Love Clemson Baseball! That's an understatement. They won, got to see my buddy that plays third for the Tigers, and was on my way to the Brooks Center for a show. And oh, what a show. Hilarious. If you ever have the chance to see "The Complete Works of Willm Shkspr (Abridged)," I highly suggest going. It's brilliant. Knowing the three actors was helpful for me too because they worked really hard and it showed out there on stage. Delightful. Splendid, really. So anywho. We went back out on Friday night, and that was the night that I felt I needed to show my ass, and show it I did. We drank at the bar until it closed, I was drinking pitchers, out of the pitcher. Still unsure of my tab that night, but I remember it being in the 30s, pitchers were 6 bucks and I was the only one drinking Bud Light, and I had $5 chicken fingers, so I'm thinking I drank at least four pitchers of beer, out of the pitcher. Then apparently we went to a girls house where I immediately started double-fisting, which is my m.o. because I figure if I'm going to be a drunk, might as well do it well. Somewhere in or around that house that we were in, in my drunken state, I decided that I didn't need my sandals anymore, and took them off. I didn't know it then, but I know it now, that was the last time I would ever see my sandals. I guess if I need to leave something in this town each time, it's better to leave sandals than my dignity although some would argue that I left that here as well. Woke up Saturday and to be expected, I felt like poo-poo, went back to the baseball game, the Tigers lost, and then back to the show. If you could see the look in everyone's eyes that went out the night before, it was pretty pathetic. Everyone was glassy eyed and tired, but we had to go out just because. It was two beers and then everyone just started leaving. It was funny really. And here I am today. Sitting on the couch, typing this post. There's just something about this town, I don't know what it is, actually I know what it is, TTT's has five dollar pitchers. 'Nuff said.
Going to the last game of the series this afternoon for a few innings before I begin my journey back to Florida. Going to run into an old SHP faculty member down here today for the game, and say my goodbyes to friends again. I hate doing that, but it's got to be done. My time here in Clemson is complete until the next time, and then when I retire. This is where I'll be when I'm old and grey. There's just something special about this place. See you soon Clemson, you kicked my ass as you usally do.
Savannah here I come. It's a mere four days away. I need a couple of big days at work, and then it's on again! Looking forward to that tremendously!
No comments:
Post a Comment