Monday, March 20, 2006

Savannah St. Patty's 2006

Here we go. Savannah, Georgia for St. Patrick's Day weekend with Hunter, FineCheese, Robber, Beef, his fiance Snappy, Wolv, Belle and crew. We did have FineCheese's sister and friend in town, who want nicknames so we'll go with...hmmm...this is a hard one...a name that will stick because she's been mentioned before and will probably be mentioned again...PulledPork...temporary name until I think of something better. I think the BBQ sandwich got the better of her on Friday night, so we'll call her that right now. Sort of anti-climactic really I think, but I'll think of something else at some point. So anyway, the trip began really on Thursday night. I had a busy, rough day of work in Sarasota and then began my trip north to the great city of Savannah where people were waiting with baited breath for my arrival (yeah, right.) I got there, and had a beer, hugged it out with everyone and sat there tired. Hunter and Wolv had tests on Friday, so there was nothing really doing, which was perfect for me. Watched some NCAA basketball and went to bed on Wolv's fouton. Thank you sir, for that! More on that later.

Friday morning comes and it's on. There's just something in the air on St. Patrick's Day in Savannah. Anyone that's not been there needs to go at least once to enjoy it. It's great. It helps that I have fun people around me and have also in the past. It's just great. I told someone today, when asked how my weekend was, that there were a lot of laughs and just a lot of good times. The days really just ran out on us. We were pretty much going from the start. So Friday, me and Hunter pick up Robber at the airport. I pick up a bottle of Propel and a 12-pack of Bud Light at the gas station and we head on our way. We pick him up, and then I have to pee because my bladder is the size of a squirrell, and I pick up another 18-pack of Bud Light. Robber was all about having a beer, so I said, go ahead. He said that he couldn't in the car, and Hunter turned around and was like, "give me one." So we got the boys some beers for the 25 minute ride back to the apartment. Robber had 3 in that time. That's some good drinking. We even pulled a hand-off with a car full of college-aged kids in a Grand Cherokee on Abercorn. It was risky, but it worked out and made for some good laughs and stories. From then on, I'm not sure if I was sober again the rest of the weekend. We started drinking as soon as we got back to the apartment. We were going to catch a shuttle to get downtown, but the guy wouldn't accept a $40 bribe to put us on the last one, so we were forced to get into a cab driven by Vincent. Good dude, but he did charge us $5 a person, instead of the $19 dollar reading that was on the meter. That wasn't going to deter our fun. Quick summary of the rest of the evening: bonded with a street performer, made a bagpiper play on Bay Street, peed in public, Belle got REALLY drunk, PulledPork puked, made friends with a pierced lip dude, who wants to pierce the other side of his lip and top lip too. Good for him. Slapped a bell-boy on the butt everytime I walked by him(probably 7-8 times, he loved me, and by loved I mean hated,) should have gotten kicked out of a restaurant, talked to some guys that were. I'm sure I'm missing things from Friday night, and I'd be happy to take comments about what I missed.

Saturday started out slow. PulledPork and her roommate left for NJ, unfortunately, and we were not feeling great, more sluggish than hung over. Robber was hungover, but that's what happens when you start drinking strong and never slow down. He did a hell of a job on Friday night. Saturday night too, but especially Friday. So Hunt, Robber, Cheese, Beef, Snappy and me went to breakfast, watched a basketball game on tv, went to the store to buy a lot of vodka and then went to a relatively early dinner down on River Street. Good food, but I knew if the night was going to be drunk I needed to order a beer, and order I did! Me and Beef got beers with dinner and then he and Robber realized they had some signature drink that was pure alcohol. They each had one, and then it was on. I haven't seen Beef that drunk since early on in college. It was hilarious. But anyway. We came back to the house from some "pre-game." Picked up ZDP, which was a nice addition to an already drunk crew. He holds his own. (Thanks B for letting him come play.) So me, Robber, Beef, and Hunter pounded some vodka drinks and then piled in a car and were on our way. Got downtown and headed to Savannah Smiles, a dueling piano bar that is a lot of fun to go to. I think there may have been 20 beers consumed by yours truly at the bar. I really only remember holding a six pack case of beers and being the only one drinking them, I think. And I believe there were at least two involved, and that was later on in the evening. This is where things get really blurry. Don't remember leaving the bar, but heard some stories about dancing in the middle of Bay Street, pissing off some meat-head for dancing over him, and then being quiet on the car ride back. But the night wasn't over. But my memory was. All I remember is waking up in the morning, going back to Hunter and FineCheese's, grabbing Robber to head back to the airport and then head back to Florida. There is some markings on my body from a sharpie, that I believe were somewhat self-inflicted, and some made by Wolv. It's funny to find them coming out of a shower and the initial surprise is funny. At least I didn't have "balls" on my forehead a la Large in "Garden State."

Tough day today. Trying to recover and gain some rest, but I don't see that happening until the weekend.

Thanks again go out to Hunter and FineCheese for really assembling and controlling all of the goings ons this weekend. Their home is like the home-base of the fun, and I appreciate all that they do to make me feel at home and they're simply wonderful. Thanks to Wolv for offering up his place as my place of rest, albeit not much rest took place, but thank you to him as well. I really appreciate the hospitality. Thanks to the boys and girls that travelled in from out of town. It's always great to see you guys and we had a lot of fun together this past weekend, and I look forward to our next meeting. Thanks to the Savannah Crew for always being super nice and fun and able to put up with my antics and able to laugh at and with me. It's appreciated! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again soon. For those that didn't make the trip, you missed out and start planning for '07, because it's gonna be another great time, I'm sure.

2 comments:

bFlatBracelets said...

I saw Beef's beef in the form of a "goat"!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! I did too. It was wonderful. Can I say "wonderful" when talking about Beef's beef?