I wanted to add the (pe) to Shop because it looks so much nicer than SHOP. Say shop three times fast, think about that word. It's EEEEEEEVVVVVVIL! I'm in a strange mood today, and I sort of like it. But to the true meaning of the title. I know I went 'home' for Christmas to see the family, etc and traveled there a bit, it's not the same. My travel wings are being worked on is on a more personal level. (How deep am I getting today?) This will be the second straight weekend that I'll be in Florida, my home, and it feels strange. It's only Wednesday, but it's weird. My roommate came back to the place last night and asked me if I wanted to go see a play on Friday, so it's a date. Just so happens to be the same show that didn't want me in it. It's all good, I want to see just who got cast from seeing them in the callbacks, and how the direction is being that I thought the director was pretty strong in auditions. (Does this post have a 'gay' feel to it today or is it me? I guess with talk of shoppes and plays, yeah...it does). So I think I'm going to see a show on Friday night, (cue up manly things) and then get drunk! (whew!)
Here's even more 'manly' things. Oh Saturday, the Tampa Bay Bucs are in the NFL Playoffs and I will be in attendence rooting on the Pewter Pirates against the Washington Redskins. Cannons will be blowing and I'll be drinking beer. I think I have to completely switch topics because there is a weird aura going on in this post today. I'm sorry.
So to get right down to it. I'm sure I'll start my bi-monthly treks to Savannah to see the happily married couplez with a 'z.' That's plural in Cregan-world. And Wolv and that crew too! Hoping to get to Aiken, SC to see a show with Mr. "You down wit da OH-6" T as the lead or a lead, or just the best damn thing that show has seen, whatever works. Who knows, maybe I'll hit Bed Bath and Beyond, it's gonna be a busy month, I don't know if I'll have time.
Don't think I'll be heading to NJ anytime soon and that sort of blows. First and foremost, it's cold there, and I turned into a snobby Floridian. Sorry to inform you, but it was 78 yesterday, BUT THE WIND CHILL MADE IT A FROSTY 76.5. Feel bad for me. I almost had to put on long sleeves. Almost.
You know, Spring Training is right around the corner and Johnny Damon is a New York Yankee. I like that. I like the fact that Spring Training is so close, you can taste it. A month from next week, the Pitchers and Catchers report. Then right after that, the players do and then before you know it, games are going on and then it's April, you're wondering where the year went and the Yankees are in first for the entirety of the season, averaging 116 runs a game. Can you tell I'm excited about three months from now. I also remember a few of my close friends telling me that they'll probably be down here in February. Well Hunter and CHEESE, it's almost February! We haven't even gotten to the 5th of the month of January and I'm already saying that it's almost February. But it is.
I'm going to recommend a book to people that like sports and teams that lose a lot, (Mr. T, you can relate) My Losing Season by Pat Conroy is brilliant. It's a true life story about Mr. Conroy, writer of Prince of Tides for the women in the audience, and his college basketball team from The Citadel, a military college in Charleston, SC. It's just a well-written, sort of sports book, but a book more about friendships and family, etc. I finished it last night and I want to pick it right back up and read it again. AND IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE PICTURES!!!
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment