Monday, January 16, 2006

Best Dinner Ever

I told you that would be the title of this post. And this post is post #75 since July. Some may say that I need to get a life, and you, my friends, would be correct. So I returned to the Tampa Bay area this morning after a trip to Savannah, Georgia. Thanks again to the host couple that took care of me, cooking me a great dinner last night AND Friday night. Tremendous on both counts, I have to say. A question came out the other night asking, "What, from (Friday night) are you going to put in the blog?" And the answer to that would be, "Whatever I can remember, which probably isn't much."

Friday night, as I remember it, here it goes. I drove to Savannah later in the day on Friday and was ready to go. It had been awhile since I'd been to Savannah, and there was really nothing "special" going on. By "special" I mean, there wasn't a haunted pub crawl or anything set in stone. It was just a weekend away with some people I really don't even like that much. HAHA. I'm kidding, I know you're reading. The people, as stated many, many times before, are wonderful. It's a great crew from top to bottom, truly. I drive up and as has been my M.O. (modis opperendi) in the past, I buy some beer, usually at least 18 and get really excited about the prospects of drinking. I get to my destination, Casa de la Formaggio(I think that's cheese in italian,) and relax for fifteen/twenty minutes, and then the talk of dinner comes up, I crack a beer, it goes down and then that's where it ends for the time being. This weekend was a bit different. After dinner, I came up with the brilliant idea to do powerhour. For those who've never done power hour before, don't. For those that don't know what it is, don't ask. It's not the smartest drinking game ever invented and gets you bloated and you burp and pee a lot. Just problems all over the place. Not to mention, it gets you pretty 'derrrrn rrrnnnnt, Big Show'(In memory of Kyle Freeman). So it was a base coat and just a sign of things to come. As always when in Savannah, the first stop was River Street and the infamous Wet Willies for their daquiri drinks. Of course I had two, and two of the strongest ones of course. So that's where things start to get blurry, but I'll tell it as I remember it. The bouncer at Wet Willies looks like Billy Blanks from the TaiBo commercials, and one night when we were there some dude smacked him on his ass as he left the place. Billy HATED that, and that's an understatement. So I tell you that because EVERY time that I go there, I tell him that I know he loves the butt smack by other men, and he gave me this look that should have left an enormous pile of excrement in my pants, but I backtracked, reminded him who I was, and he smiled and we shared a great laugh. I need a paragraph break in here...

There...

So as I was going up to the bar for the second drink, I noticed the "bartender" and she was pretty cute, and I didn't want to order from her because I think I was staring at her and making comments to Wolv about her, etc. So I went down to the other end of the bar and tried to get a drink from the fat ugly dude. Well FinestCheeseInTheWorld went up to said-bartender and said something to the effect of, "That big dude over there thinks your cute and was too chicken to order a drink from you, so I'm doing it." To which she apparently let out a little smile maybe and a snicker possibly. Not really sure when we left that place or the walk somewhere else really. The next thing that's in my mind is standing outside a nicer restaurant downtown talking to two of Hunter's classmates(maybe only one was a classmate, they're hospital-mates), and my two favorite moves of the night came out then. I was starting to get chatty, and maybe running the mouth a little bit. Nothing mean or derogatory I don't think, but maybe, but more like "There she is" at random females walking down the street. Getting in good with a group of dudes looking for naked women for a bachelor party. They loved me probably more than they should have. But, there was a club hockey tourney in town and the Florida State University team was walking down the street. I broke out the high five maneuver to show my appreciation for them. The last guy in the group kept his hands in his pockets and so I had to do it. I slapped him right on the ass. To which he jokily responded, "Where are you staying?" And I believe it was after this that two girls were apparently walking down the street(I really don't remember this) and I looked at one and said slowly, "You are beautiful," to which I supposedly got a smile and a glance.

Next was Churchills, and I really don't remember much of this bar either, only that I went outside and was talking to everyone that went by. Once again, chatty, friendly drunk guy. Then we went downstairs in the bar where there was a three piece jazz group playing and I believe they were awful, but I was drunk and was having a good time. There was a conversation between the two drunkest people in the place, and I'm sure the topics were heavy. Oh wait, I was one of the two. I don't remember what was said, but apparently, I slammed a chair down and sat in it and then started the conversation. Some say that they thought there was going to be a fight, others say that I was just being fun. I don't know what I was thinking. Next thing I know is that I'm fighting off the watery-mouth, pukey-spits in the car. I thought I was done for and I had succumb to the vomit, but somehow, someway, it never came. Then it was morning and I was waking up on the floor. That's how I roll, I guess. Needless to say, I didn't drink on Saturday or Sunday. Had a beer offered to me on Saturday night and the immediate gag and shake that my body did was a sign that I should probably stay away.

It was great to see ZDP and B. Yarbs and his Family, etc. Condoms never looked so good in all my life, like three or four at a time. It was a memorable trip to Georgia. I'll be back soon, not really knowing if soon is February or St. Patty's but definitely St. Patty's at the very least. There's a big crew coming. Will be fun, I'm sure.

Thanks again to all involved. I'm tired, I'm going to bed...

No comments: