Monday, January 23, 2006

...Like Eating a Double Quarter Pounder...

First and foremost, I want to congratulate my buddy, Mister Mike T, that's formal on this thing, on the opening of his show in a city near Augusta, GA. The Foreigner is the title of the show and I remember in college reading the show and even seeing a 10-minute scene done from it, and remembered that it was relatively funny. That thought was somewhat shot to hell when talking with the T yesterday. He's not having the best experience with doing community theater. I've been yearning to get back into doing some acting, but haven't been able to put myself through the "beauty" that is community theater. If anyone out there is in community theater, please skip down to another post or paragraph or something, this one may hurt your egos...{Insert Jeopardy music while I wait for community theater people to take direction}...Ok, now I've only heard stories from the T man(three different names, one paragraph), but his description of some of the fellow actors/actresses reminds me of just about all of the people I've run into that have been "bigshots" in community theaters. Community theater is worse than high school theater. At my high school, it was a drama(sometimes comedy) in the fall and a musical in the spring. The musical was to see how many people the director could fit on the stage. I liked it because no one was ever cut from a play, but man, there were like 150 people on the stage for my senior year Joseph and the Amazing Tec.....you get the point. People in high school theater get a lot of congratulations from parents of others in the show, and it boosts ego. Then you get to college, and actors are better than you, and you get broken down in an acting class and only then really start to learn that you suck as an actor and have so much to learn. Well, that long-winded diatribe(big word Monday everybody) was to say that community theater people, in my estimation are the same. They have friends and family come to see the show and tell them how wonderful they are and they get cast in every show the theater is doing, and therefore think their poop don't stink. Well it stinks, and stinks bad. Community theater folk are the worst actors on the face of the earth, and what's worse, they're clique-y, they boost each other's egos, and that's not cool. I don't even remember where I was going with this paragraph, but I'm done and don't want to go back to check what I've written, I never did like proofreading.

So I was on the phone with another buddy last night who was telling me that he wanted to quit smoking, to which I thought was a great idea for him to do, and he said that he needed to hear something everytime he lit up a cigarette that made him feel like he's doing a bad thing(as he puffed on a cigarette while talking to me, I noticed hotshot.) He said that he needed to hear that "smoking one cigarette is equivalent to eating one double quarter pounder from McDonalds." That got me thinking. I think it's worse for the heart than that. The Double QP as my boys in East St. Louis say(I don't have boys in East St. Louis) will clog arteries, and the Tar whatnot stick to the lungs, stop the heart, you name it. So go ahead, clog up those arteries. I just liked the quote on the eating a double QP, so there. I've got nothing else for you on that front.

Yesterday there was a couple of football games on, and it got me thinking about what females that don't watch sports at all do on a day like that where there are two big games on and the boys are togething drinking some Coldbeer(one word, said really fast) and talking about football while watching football, and then I got a phone call from NJ. This one particular individual, I don't think I have a name for her quite yet, but something may come to me due to this story, she called at about 10:30pm. She was slightly inebriated and we laughed a lot and then it came out. I said, "What'd you do today? I know you didn't watch football." And then there it was, you ready for this? She responded, "me and 18 other girls had a SEX TOY PARTY." I told her that I wanted to be a fly on the wall when one of those things takes place, and then she went on to tell me that there are strictly no boys allowed. I was floored, not at the no boys allowed thing, but the fact that this is a common thing. This is like the fourth or fifth person that I've known who's had one of these things. And the way that she was talking, her's was probably the most fun one to be at. See, guys can't do those sort of things. We can't have sex toy parties because...I don't know why, we just can't. I mean, what the hell would we buy. She was talking about how friends of hers were buying "self-pleasuring devices" what do we buy?...um...hmm...really, I don't have the slightest idea. I mean if they had the Vivid Video Party, maybe then guys could sit around, eat good food, drink Coldbeer(again, one word said really fast.) I am intrigued by the sex toy party and have come to the realization that I will never be at one, but I just want to watch. Apparently, some of the ladies at the party may have shown some skin. I mean, that's just fun for the whole family right there.

So that was me in a nutshell yesterday. I really don't have anything else fun that happened this weekend. Drank a lot friday, but stayed up late enough to fully work off the drunkeness. That's not fun, if you ever have the opportunity to stay awake long enough for it to wear off, pass on that. Just go to bed, it's so much more relaxing and you don't feel like poop waking up at 12 or 1 in the afternoon. Then my boy Archie was in town with his wife, we did dinner on Saturday night, then my stomach went to hell again, not like new years, but similar. Those stories in this post were all from Sunday. See, fun things can happen on Sunday, and I slept through Church.

Until later on....

1 comment:

bFlatBracelets said...

So stop dipping and start eating already!!