I haven't had someone comment on any of my antics lately. I look almost everyday to see if someone says something back to me. They haven't. So that makes me think that the novelty of the Creegs, and the blog have worn off. I have no more readers, so I figure I'll just take this opportunity to talk to myself, via blog. I'm kidding of course, but I have gotten some comments in the past from Smoke, Cheese, Hunter, ZDawg(self-proclaimed), etc. I like that. I'm calling out to all my peeps to leave me messages in the comment box. There's no pressure. It's not like I'm pissed that no one acknowledges reading my incessant banter, but it's nice to know someone is out there. See, I'm an actor at heart, and try to be in real life too, and when I perform on stage it's nice to have someone there, to watch. Even in the rehearsal process, there is the director and stage manager(sometimes, right Mr. T? haha) amongst others sitting in the audience giving some sort of response. Whether it be a laugh or a constructive criticism, someone is there. I would never say that I act for the audience, because actors are selfish that way. We act for ourselves and the joy that it brings us, and then for the audience. If there is a "house" of two people, they deserve your best every performance. That's the way I feel about the BLOG. If I have 25 or 2 readers, I will try to perform to the best of my abilities, but sometimes you just like to see who's out there. People read anonymously, and that's cool and all, and I'm defintiely not saying that everyone that reads should leave a message, but occasionally, I'd appreciate it if you stopped by VIA BLOG and said hello. I get cards in the mail responding to things that I've written and I love that. I'll pick up a call and someone will say, "Man, you must have been shitfaced to have done [enter dumb Creegs move here]." I love that! I think that's great. But it's to the point now where I go a bit crazy because I'm thinking, "did I call that person and tell them what I did? Oh, that's right, they read my banter." That's what I think I'm going to call this thing now, Banter, not Blog. The word Blog freaks me out a bit, and I'm not sure why.
This isn't a cry out for help. Just let me know you're there. Now, I'm not asking for 80 people leave a comment, just one, maybe two if I'm lucky, I don't care. Can you tell I had nothing to write about today? Just one of those days I guess. I've been really busy with work this week. Been sort of crazy. I was in Ft. Myers yesterday, and if you've never been, I suggest going, staying on Sanibel Island, it's like nothing you've ever seen before. I know people have been to the beach, or the shore to my NJ folks, but this place is so relaxing. Ranked #3 in the state for nicest, most secluded beach, it's awesome. The sand is white, the water is great and there's hardly anyone on the beach. It's like you're on a private beach sometimes. I don't get to go there often, but when I've been, it's amazing. Ft. Myers Beach is nice too, and actually has some bars and shops, etc. Sort of reminds me of a less populated Clearwater Beach(#5 in the state) which is very close to where I currently live.
On that note, I think I should say that me and my roomate, Citizen Kane, are seriously considering a move to Davis Island. This place is legit. For those that have been down to Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area probably have never seen this place, basically because I didn't know much about it. It's an island off of Tampa, downtown Tampa, close to Channelside and Ybor City. It's amazing! Just like a little suburd mixed into a major US city. There's a bridge that goes into the island and then there are little bars and restaurants, etc. People say that I'd be a legend over there because of my outgoing personality and my liking of beer. Great Irish Pub, and Mexican restaurant to go along with many, many more things. I'm looking forward to hanging out there this weekend with some people. It should be good times. Isn't it always good times?
Smokey(former) is getting married in April and not to be outdone by anyone else in my circle of friends, we're doing the bachelor party in Key West!!! Are you f'ing kidding me?!?! I'm jacked up! I can't wait. The beautiful thing about it is that we're meeting up in Miami and then renting a van or two to drive the two+ hour trip to Key West. That's going to be insane! I don't want to pump myself up too much because I do that, have a blast and then it's over and I'm wanting to do it again. That's the way it always goes. But it's going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it tremendously.
"But no matter the era, one thing we have all experienced is the lasting bond of friendship and camaraderie that is formed and treasured by our students, no matter which town, city or country they have arrived from. Being a part of that "fraternity of SHP alumni" is the envy of graduates from other schools." - Msgr. Michael E. Kelly, headmaster, Seton Hall Prep
(It's true. -cmc)
No comments:
Post a Comment