Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Writer's Cramp

It's not that I have nothing to speak of, it's just that I didn't know what to title it. I wanted to have a post of some sort this afternoon because I went without yesterday. Partially because I was still feeling a bit under the weather because of the bachelor party of the weekend and the weather changing. Oh wait, I'm in Florida, there is no weather change. I'm not sure why I'm sick then other than the severe beating my body took as stated in a previous post.

I read two other blogs religiously. I'm not sure I should use the word "religiously" in my post because one of the bloggers may go off on some religious tirade. Just kidding BD. My boy has some serious political views and it is very interesting to me. Not because I like politics, quite the opposite, but it's good to know one's views. Living in Florida, I deal with hardcore Republicans. These said republicans are uber racist. Well, they may not be racist exactly, but they love to think that their race is superior. So for someone like myself who's admittedly extremely ignorant on the topic, equates republican with racism. That is entirely off-base on my part, but there is no one that I know that's ultra conservative that is not this way, does not use derogatory slang to talk about people of other races and creeds. It's amazing to me really how ignorant these people are, yet they are still great friends of mine. Maybe it's because I am so far opposite of racist that I feel that way, or the fact that these friends are just so sheltered by their silver-spoons, I don't know. So to have BD's extreme liberal takes is a breath of fresh air. It's not that he spits rhetoric and banter to try to sway one's views, just that he's telling people what's going on in a liberal slant. It's commendable.

The other blog that I read religiously is one along the same mold as my own, only the person that writes it has a much broader vocabulary that I do. In other words, I say that I went out and got drunk, he'll say he imbibed some libations. It's virtually the same thing. It's kind of neat to see the differences between what happens in Chicago rather than Florida. I don't get to see the Cubs every day, or sleep until 10 in the morning, etc. I have to be up in the mornings earlier than the squirrels and working. If I get the chance, I'll go to see a Devil Rays game, slightly different than the "lovable losers." And the fact that I don't get to go out during the week is different as well. Even though I went on a three day bender this past weekend, that is extremely rare. I usually do 'imbibe some libations' only once a week, generally Friday night, Saturday is recovery and Sunday is relaxing. But I try to gain stories in that one night of debauchery.

That's about all I have for today. I know that BD did a blog on the differences between blogs earlier in the month or last month, whatever. But after reading the two others recently, these thoughts came to me, so I thought I'd write them down.

"there she is..." -me

No comments: