Monday, September 05, 2005

What A Weekend!!!

First and foremost, I wanted to say thank you for all of the great people that made this past weekend such a good time. For those who don't know, I traveled up to Clemson for the first football game of the year in which my Tigers defeated the Aggies from Texas A&M 25-24 on a field goal with :02 left in the game by kicker Jad Dean. It was a well played game, one that we just could not get into the end zone but were on the attack for the majority of the game. It may be a good year for the Tigers. I sure hope so. Once again, thanks everybody for a good time.

Things in my world aren't all peachy though. I did a little soul searching on my drive home yesterday and today. I make plans or call about 15 people and time doesn't allow me to get to spend as much time as I'd like with everybody that I'd like to spend that time with. For example, I have a real good friend, one of my best that came into town like myself and we had been planning on doing this weekend together. When I got in at 1:30 am on Friday, I wanted to go to sleep because of last weeks work in West Palm. There's one strike against me, because my buddy was ready to go and I was not. Saturday came around and I was ready and recharged. At around 1, I parked my rental at the Brooks Center for Performing Arts and started drinking some adult beverages. Long story short, my boy shows up about 2 and we start laughing and drinking and having a great time. We move and shake around Clemson for a bit and then 7:30 comes and we seperate to go to the game. That was the last I saw of my buddy for the night. With the bars closing at 12am, and another group of friends traveling out to Anderson, SC for the night, I went with my old roommate. I was shot though. I was a bit drunk and tired as all hell as tailgaiting tends to wear me out. I'm not going to go on about this anymore, because it sucks that time and some of my decisions take away from hanging out with the people that mean most to me. I had a blast for those 5 1/2 hours with my boy, but it should have been 15 1/2 hours, not just 5 1/2. I don't know if I'll ever be able to spread myself wider to be able to fulfill all of the time that I want to spend with my peeps. I need about three weeks for amount of people that I wanted to see.

Needless to say, I will make it up to the people that I wanted to spend more time with. I have to. I want to!!!

Go Tigers! (1-0)

No comments: