I'm going to move away from the moaning and groaning about females, but probably just for today. It seems to be on my mind constantly, so I'll probably revert back to that topic tomorrow or the next day. I am in town this weekend, which is crazy. I'm not traveling, BUT I have to travel to Atlanta for three days on Monday, so technically I get away from the weekend travel, but have to travel during the week. Then things get crazy. I come back from Atlanta on Wednesday night, fly out to NJ on Thursday evening for yet another wedding, one that I believe may trump all weddings. I'm so looking forward to this one, it's rediculous. And that's saying something because every single wedding that I've been to this summer has been amazing, absolutely the time of my life. So to say that I think this upcoming wedding with Mr. JPat and "Fine Cheese" will be awesome. I'm also looking forward to getting "home" for the weekend. I'm looking forward to hanging with Mom and Dad, having some excellent meals, going into the city for some pre-wedding shenanigans, etc. And there are girls there...oops...not going to go there on this post. Should be a great time and I can't wait to get there.
My Tigers are on the road this weekend and don't think that there wasn't a force pulling me to drive to Winston-Salem, NC to watch the game. I was invited to go, had a place to stay and a ticket to the game, but I turned it down. Can't a guy just sit at home for the weekend and relax? I don't know, can they? I'm not really going to be relaxing much because the Yankees/Red Sux series is on this weekend and I'll be pooping in my pants the entire way if the Yanks are in trouble. It's funny that people like myself take sports so seriously. I was talking to one of my best buds in the world last night who is a fan of another team in the hunt for the wild card, and he has absolutely no faith in his boys. I tend to agree with the feeling. I think The Sports Guy on ESPN.com had the same feeling about his team last year, that is until they came back from 3-0 in a series that really didn't happen, so I don't even know why I'm making up such a farcical idea. But anyway, I feel the same way. Like my Yanks aren't going to get that big hit, or big pitching performance when they need it like teams that are in their way do. My buddies team lost to the Devil Rays for the second time in two days. I've talked about the Devil Rays in past posts, being that they are my hometown team, but no one wants to hear about how "up-and-coming" they are when your team is losing to them in key situations. They just want to see their team win and think that they are collapsing at an inopportune time. So I have that series going on, where if the Yanks can pull out a win tonight with 9-0 Aaron Small on the bump and the Sux lose, then the Yanks will only have to win one in that wasteland that is Fenway Park. Pesky Pole? It should be "piece of shit pole." Oh well, enough about that. Sorry Mr. T!
So I'm not going to be able to relax this weekend to the extent that I would like to. I have to watch the Yanks on Friday night, watch the Tigers saturday afternoon, Villanova soccer saturday night, and then the Yanks again on Sunday. Although, if they can pull out the victory tonight, and the Sux lose, then win on Friday night, I can take saturday off of watching it without much care. Villanova soccer is playing down here at USF on saturday night and one of my old students is a stand-out for the Wildcats. I've been to one game in each of his four years at Villanova and I'm lucky enough to get to see him during his swan-song year. Should be good to see a great kid!
Other than that, nothing else is going on. Work is good, life is good, just need that special someone to fill out my life. Oh man, sorry, I wasn't going to moan and groan about that in this post. Guess I can't really get away from it afterall, it consumes my head. Maybe these sporting events this weekend will cloud my head of those thoughts...I doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment