Thursday, September 15, 2005

Charity

In a recent e-mail that I received, it had a story of a man's wife who got into a miniscule fender-bender with a lawyer who then asked for $836. (Read it for yourself at saabbumper.blogspot.com) It's a great story talking about charity and how the man and his wife want to give the $836 to charity for the victims of the Hurricane Katrina tragedy. Great story, I highly suggest going to that blog.

On to my charity. Not sure it's a good idea to make light of the situation going on in the Gulf Coast, and actually, I would never do so. But I was looking for your charity. I'm trying to audition some females for the next Cregan girlfriend sweepstakes. Now there is no real prize other than me, and in my opinion, that's not a great prize. Many have tried in the past to "set me up" with some people and it's not worked. It worked for awhile in New Jersey. I had a blast with that one, but not for the long haul. Then I was called "committment-phobic" because I like to keep the girls in far away places, a la Chicago, Clemson, Ft. Myers, Flight Attendents, etc... I'm plenty comfortable in the fact that I cannot find the "girl of my dreams" here as of yet. I keep telling myself that I haven't been here that long, but once October 1st rolls around, I will have been here for a year. I know, I can't believe it either. An entire year, I've been in Florida, and still no big time prospects. So I make other excuses like, "Well, I travel every weekend," which is true, but even when I was out here, I really only met one significant female, and I blew that, like I do so well. I told her as we started moving closer and closer that I wasn't planning on staying in Florida, and moving to LA was in the immediate cards. Well, she took that as, "you hate me, stay the fuck away from me you big headed prick bastard," which was not what I was expecting at all, because she was a great girl. But needless to say, I lost her even as a friend. Why? I'm still trying to figure that out. But I can't hang out with her ever because I do travel every weekend and I'm too much of a jerk to go out during the week.

Here I am, the guy that hooked up at 8 straight weddings in years past, in a monumental slump. Give me some charity. There's a girl that I like, but I don't think she likes me too much after some of my actions and standing her up, and she's in another state as well, so it really wouldn't work out anyway. As all of my friends get married and have children, it starts to wear on you that you're the only single guy in the group after not being so for so long. I know that I'm not settled here, and my eventual move to California may hinder any girlfriend possibilities here, but that's not to say I'm not looking.

This post was a lot more funny in my head. Sorry to disappoint.

I love charity.

"Pedro, just listen to your heart, that's what I do..." -Napolean Dynamite

1 comment:

bdonin said...

Stop living according to what you WILL do (moving to L.A.) and start living according to what you are DOING (living in Tampa, enjoying your job and sunny days)

My $.02