Sunday, September 18, 2005

My Blood Runneth Orange...er...Red on the Clemson Streets!

Clemson Tigers 2-1. What a freaking heartbreaker. I could not, will not get over that game. What a game. Probably the best game I've ever witnessed at Clemson or that Clemson was ever involved in. 36-30 loss and dropped out of the top 25, which I think is HORSESHIT! Because Notre Dame drops six spots to previously unranked Michigan State and we lose to #13 and move down. The Clemson Bias! It exists!!!

What a great time I had Saturday night with the boys. MY BOY Mr. T, CBoz, and the two girls, one of which I was smitten over. What a cool girl. We GOT AFTER IT A LIL'BIIIIT! After multiple shots and multiple beers, this guy may have been slightly inebriated. It was tremendous. After the game, I decided to go downtown with these four people, who are tremendous with a capital T. After we got the boot from Keith Street Pub and Grill, located on Keith Street, which is weird, but not really that weird. I'm pretty weird. Oh who cares, shut the f up and move on with the post. Sorry Mr. Blogthing, I will. Long story short, I blasted my left big toe on the concrete and hence the title of the post. I was bleeding EVERYWHERE, it was like a faucet. But in my drunken state and my selfishness, I didn't want to go to the hospital. There was no need for that, just because my big toe was filleted like a fish. It was pretty deep, to the point where when I ran water over it to clean it out a bit, I couldn't feel where the cut was. I felt the water on every other part of my foot, but not where the cut was. Oh well, enough complaining from me. Let's get back to the fun.

My boy Mr. T is the man. When I go to Clemson games, I feel the need to make everyone happy and like I've stated in the past, I can't always do that, but when I got the call stating that Mr. T was in the Brooks Center parking lot with the Clemson Players, I said to myself, that I was going to the BC(Brooks Center) and going to hang out with the Clemson Players, the student run theater group on campus, one that I was extremely involved in when I was a student and when I was the Asst. Tech. Director. They're great kids/people and I really like hanging out with them. That's where we met up with CBoz. Another person that I let down so frequently. A wonderful person, one of my absolute fav's, just a great kid. So we met up with him, he gave me a hard time about the last time that I was in town not seeing him, etc. But I made a promise to him and myself that after the game he would call me, and I would tell him where we'd be and he'll meet us to continue the drinking. Needless to say, he did just that! Met me almost immediately after the game and brought the cute girl with him, which was an added bonus. She is a cutie. Good night!

Don't you hate when you think you have a lot of funny things to write about, especially about a weekend of multiple laughs and multiple story-worthy stories(whoa there creegs), but can't really share or rather remember? That's what's going on right now. I slept on the weekend, just so that more could come to me this morning, but to no avail. I'll give a short synopsis of the weekend, see if it can spark my memory.

Fri. 8:15 - make it to Anderson, SC
Fri. 10:30 - I'm buzzing
Sat. 2am - I'm asleep
Sat. 10am-I'm ready to go to the tailgate
Sat. 11:15 - I'm going to the tailgate
Sat. 12pm - I'm going to the players tailgate
Sat. 3:30 - I'm watching the game
Sat. 8:00 - I'm watching the game
Sat. 9:15 - CBoz shows up a tailgate
Sat. 10:15 - heading downtown
Sun. 12:00 - heading to Todaro's
Sun. 1:30am-I passed out

I'm going to get a little ribbing from Mr. T though I think because in my timeline, I'm probably forgetting something. There's a lot of pressure here 'T'. I can never do the tremendous weekend justice. It was Tree-mendous. It was Boz-mendous. It was Cute-girl-mendous. It was a -mendous weekend. Even though the game did not end up in our favor, and was a Clemson-mendous game, what a great weekend. Thanks for the people involved and the rides that were given to me throughout. I appreciate your friendships and your ability to drive while playing cd's in the car with the Redsox license plate and the Nick's Bumper Sticker. Good times!!!

"...that the Tiger roar may echo, o'er the mountain height." -Clemson Alma Mater.

No comments: