AKA Night and Day...
I spent the weekend in Savannah, Georgia with my buddy Flat aka JPat and his friends from his continuing education program and had a blast. I would like to thank all of the people that I met, Jimmy, Kim, Jimmy's new girl (not really, you had to be there, haha), Lori(sp), among others, and even the guy that was rushing me through my "poop story #1," for having such a great time. We painted that town red on Friday, and no, that doesn't mean that I ended up bloody which has happened in the past. There are just great people in that town and if Flat's fiancee was in town, it would have been that much better because she is beyond great!!! I'm looking forward to their wedding tremendously. There was a girl involved in the weekend, but for some reason, I am no good at talking to girls lately. I think what goes through my mind goes through is that I have to impress instead of just being myself. Not saying I was all that "impressive" on Friday with my "Attitude Improvment" and "Call-A-Cab" to start the night and then the mysterious $37 tab at Savannah Smiles (It's a dueling piano bar, I swear), where I don't really remember being there, but I wasn't bombed. Weird. But then the BarBar, which I don't like. I didn't like it before I knew that there was a dance section of the bar, and I like it less now that I know about the dance floor. I can't dance sober or like a normal person, which I felt I had to do with the crowd that I was in and that was the wrong thinking. A female friend of mine that just recently moved to Philly told me that she thinks I'm a "committment-phobe," which I kind of agree with to some extent, but at the same time, quite the opposite because I'm extremely ready to be in a relationship. I wasn't for a long time with my moving around the east coast and jobs changing, etc. But I am now. I'm settled for quite a while, the job is great and all I need now is a girlfriend. That doesn't mean that I would rush into anything, quite the opposite I believe. I think when I talk about the ex, it doesn't mean that I'm not over her, because I am fully, it's just all that I've known for the past seven years of my life. That's my most recent experience with a relationship, that's all I know. The girl that Flat and his fiance wanted me to meet is an absolute sweetheart. She's very, very cute and so nice. I felt bad for her because they were pushing her towards me on the dance floor and I was sweaty and out of my patented "Cregan moves." Once again, I felt like I had to "impress" and that's absolutely no one's fault but my own. Maybe I was nervous. Actually, no, I was definitely nervous because of that fact. Looking forward to their wedding!!! On a side note, best of luck to all of the people that I met this past weekend in their upcoming Finals and Practicals. It's a pretty darn smart group that I met and I think they'll be fine, but I did want to send along my well-wishes!!!
The second street listed on the title line is Blue Heron Blvd. which is the main drag(one of) in West Palm Beach, Florida. Now I know that you guys are saying, "man, Cregan has the life, he lives in Florida and travels to West Palm Beach. That's a rough life." Let me tell you. My entire body cramped up today after me and my boss unloaded 1214 boxes of textbooks from five schools. Our temporary helpers decided that they didn't want to show up today, leaving me, my boss, the east coast of Florida rep, and our project leader. So we headed out to as many schools as we could, which ended up being 5, and loading the books that the schools are getting rid of into two trucks for either purchase by us or to be recycled. At the end of the day, after sweating like a fool, my hammy cramped up for the first time in my life this bad. It was rediculous, I couldn't move my leg. I didn't really make much of a noise, but man that hurt. Then on the way back, my forearms started to cramp and the balls of my feet and even weirder, my thumb and pinky. It was really weird also because I drank close to 20 bottles of water throughout the day. 20 BOTTLES OF WATER!!! Who does that?!?! Needless to say, I've not enjoyed my two trips to the East Coast "resort towns" at all.
I can't even think straight I'm hurting so much. Time for bed. It's 10:10 and about 10 minutes past my bedtime... Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment