Thursday, August 18, 2005

As Per Usual

You know how things come and go. The novelty of some other things come on strong and then wear off. I guess this is what happened to me with the "blog." I showed some promise early with some humor that I hope everyone laughed at, then a lot of travel, and then someone pissed off, and then some cut-and-paste stories. I don't know if I'm trying to hard or what. I don't know where the novelty of waking up at 6am, showering, coming out to my office to "sync" my computer for work, then writing a decently funny blog, and then starting my work day. It just stopped one day. I look at my boy Smokey's blog and it hasn't changed in awhile, and his college roomate has a blog as well, and that one has only changed slightly, and that was to erase a blog that was also apparently offensive to a female. At least I'm not alone in that department. But I came on here tonight with the intention of free-writing, just writing about whatever pops in my head.

Well, the last wedding I was at broke my streak. I did not have any sort of intimate relations with any females. It's unfortunate, but true. I had a lot of fun with the boys at the wedding, but there was a part of me, after 16 vodka drinks, that wanted to pick up anyone in the place that night, but I held out. There was no real talent in the room at all, and so I laid off the females and poured on the blurred vision. The next few weddings I go to, I believe I'll come up empty at as well, and I'm not to happy about that I don't think. I don't know, you never know, but my hopes are not real high. I think I may have an option or two for dates for a few of the weddings that I've received "and guest's" to, but should I do it? That's the question of the night.

The Yankees have lost 9 games against the Devil Rays this season. I have to say that it is no longer embarrasing to lose a game to the D-Rays. As my "home-town" team, I watch them rather than TRL on MTV or the news because I hate hearing about impending hurricanes, teachers molesting students or strip-clubs getting busted for prostitution(where are these places and why aren't I there??? sorry mom, not really.) So I watch the Rays, and top to bottom in their line-up is a solid, up-and-comer. These kids can flat out play. The kid Johnny Gomes is going to be one hell of a DH in the American League, Crawford is a premier player currently, in left field. I believe Aubrey Huff is right there as well. If this team could get some pitching, and boost their payroll by a mere $15 million(which would put them at $48 million) I truly believe they would be a .500 or better team. These kids do not give up. They are playing hard for Lou and they are not the push-over they once were. The thing I like about reading and watching the Rays is that every single one of these kids that play for them WANTS TO STAY!!! Not one of the guys wanted to get traded before the deadline at all. It was like 25 Sheffields every time their name was brought up in a rumor. For once, they stayed put and didn't have their yearly fire-sale. Sign of good things to come for the Rays. I am still a die-hard Yankee fan and was not happy about the losing 2 games of this past series, but man, people have to realize this is not the same team of years past with slugs like Canseco and Vinny Castilla(who sucked for the Rays) playing for them, these are kids who are trying to build something here. Now if only the fans would realize that, it'd be rediculous there in St. Pete.

I need to get back into acting. I miss it so much. Everytime I talk about it I get goosebumps. The kind that I had whenever I talked about moving back to Clemson or moving to Tampa, how excited I got and when I did it, I enjoyed every second of it. Met some wonderful people and did what I wanted to do. I'm so lucky to have the opportunities that I've had and "as long as {you} have health insurance" I can do whatever I want, go wherever I want, which is evidenced in where I have lived for the past two years. But man, I was talking about theater last night and I have officially gotten into the "Entourage" show on HBO, which is absolutely brilliant and even though I'm not the pretty boy that the lead is on there, I have those friends. I have a "Little E" and a "Turtle" and a "Drama," etc. I think it's brilliant and I hope to one day have the opportunity to live that life, and be able to make a run at TV shows, etc. Only time will tell.

That's all for now. My brain hurts.

1 comment:

bdonin said...

the purpose of a blog isn't to entertain its readers every day...it's to share your thoughts. if they're entertained, great. if not, oh well, come back tomorrow. write what's on your mind and you'll be a good blogger!