Friday, August 05, 2005

Different Places/Different Taste-es

"Tastes like chicken..." - everyone

So I was thinking today, I know that's hard for some people to believe, but I was, and now I have to take a nap. No, seriously. Last night I had a few cocktails and therefore was hungry. It's inevitable, but luckily for me, I don't have Papa Johns on speed-dial or know the drivers names anymore like at Clemson. I refrain from the late night pizza now. But I did get a 7-11 sub. Now some of my loyal readers make ask themselves, "why would you get one of those things that's been sitting in the little half-cooler thingy all damn day or week for that matter?" Well, my friends, let me tell you. I put the sandwich that consisted of Ham, Turkey and American in the toaster over, and it was DELICIOUS!!! to say the least. But the point of my post here is that I got a bag of Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ chips to go along with my scrumptious "sammy." ("Get to the point Cregan.)

Sure, here it is.

When I was in New Jersey last weekend, I had these same chips from a deli in Gillette. They were awful there, horrible, but like a jerk, I bought them again and they were delicious last night. I know some people will say that it was because of the alcohol and anything tastes good after a few drinks, but this was not the case. I had the remnants of them this morning and they still tasted good. It was the absolutely same brand chip and same flavor. Now I ask this: Do foods and/or drinks taste different in different areas of the US?!?! I'm not talking about countries, because I'm figuring that they probably do. I've had this same problem with beer. I think that Miller Lite tastes different in NJ as it does in SC or in FL. I don't mean to get deep on you people today, but this is to the extent of my "depth" if you will. (WILL YOU???)

I will no longer erase blogs that go unread because like my friend told me today, that's part of the fun. Knowing what is written at the 1AM hour and beyond. I will have my computer with me while I visit Baltimore this weekend, and it is a wedding, so we shall see what happens. I doubt any shenanigans will take place, but you never know. I'm on a wedding streak of (1) I think. DAMN! Too many beers to the head!

"I feel bad for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day." - Hoboken, NJ's own Frank Sinatra

No comments: