Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Am An Adjective

I just got off the phone and have received some e-mails as well as other blogs about my last post. (See "Former Smokey's Blog" on the right side of the screen). It seems to be about me taking things too seriously and getting overly sensitive, and being really sad and angry at what happened this past weekend. Well, let me set the world straight. I am not sad nor angry at anyone or anything about this past weekend. It was BRILLIANT in every sense of the word. I love all of my friends and the way that Smokey wrote in his post today is my sentiments exactly. My friends are a family. We do treat each other as such, with the occasional quibbles and the tiffs, etc. But overall, we all love each other in an unconditional way. It's an amazing sight and one that people that I've met in all of my travels really marvel at.

The comment that was made to me was one of toungue in cheek I think. It just took me aback because I am an adjective to some. I am a stereotype. People that don't know me as well as the "family" know stories about me, and for the most part, they are disgusting and immature, but most of all, in fun. They don't really "know" me. All of my "family" members do know me, and therefore are given more leeway to rip me. I rarely get upset by a comment made to me by my "family" because I like to think that I am the king of ball busting, as stated in Smokey's blog. When a comment comes from a new member of the family, it gets taken differently. It's probably a fault of mine because in my heart I know that it was not said in jest, nor meant to hurt my feelings, it's just that I'm an adjective to some.

To those that believe that I am hurt and upset by this and therefore it ruined my weekend, that is by no means the truth. I stated before and I will state again, I had a smile on my face the entire weekend. I really did. It gives me a sense of pride to think that people have heard about me or my stories and want to know more. I get a warm feeling inside that my friends talk some pretty darn good stuff about me, even when I'm not around and even when I'm talking soooo much shit about them behind their backs. I'm kidding about that last part, unless your name is AYB3 (not you Yarbs). Kidding even still. Maybe its a bit narcissistic, but I don't think I'm self-absorbed at all. I would do anything to be there for a friend, and I truly believe that they all know that. I know I joke about our future addition to the "family" coming into this world and in 16 years or so having boys around waiting to date her and how I'll be there on the couch for security reasons, but in some way there's truth to that. No one hurts anyone in our group. I think this is evident in the was my long time girlfriend and my relationship when it ended. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE came running to me to see if I was alright, and quickly said that she made a huge mistake in her life. It is so appreciated and a true reflection on the great friends that I have. A true family.

Thank you to JPat for his comment on the last post. Wow is about all I can say to that! That's extremely cool to hear, and appreciated that much more. Feeling's mutual my good man, absolutely!!! Now I hope your setting me up with females is as good as your words! Haha!!! I will be on the road again this weekend, sorry Ms. Fiance.(two e's or one?) As of today, I'm planning on heading to Savannah, Georgia to hang out with my wang out. Oh wait, I can't do that, I got in trouble for that in Athens, Georgia. Then Sunday-Wednesday, I'll be in West Palm Beach for work. Not fun, but I gotta do it.

I love you guys! I appreciate the concern. I'm all good. I was never down once, just taken aback by a comment that I probably shouldn't have and just goes to show you that I am an adjective, a stereotype of myself, but one that I like to be.
---

On a side note, my college roommate, ZDP's dad, is in the hospital getting ready to have an emergency quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow, and I ask all of my loyal readers (who am I? haha) to say a quick prayer or have a few kind thoughts for my friend's father. He's a great guy. One that would drive us around during our annual scavenger hunts and "dub {me} sober" when he'd be in town. A great family man. It's a big surgery, one that I think he'll absolutely recover from, but it is a big deal and I ask everyone to throw a thought into that head of yours(some bigger than others) about him to help him pull through this. Thank you.

"I stepped out the door, didn't know what for, I saw my lady walking along. I could have cried out what I wanted to say, but I am sick of all this terrible charm. I used to be into apologies, a regular to shame I was shy. But I woke today, felt another way, felt free in the sky to fly." -"So Moved On" -O.A.R.

No comments: