I just got a voice mail message from Mr. T, and that's what the jist of it said. It has multiple meanings, none of which I will really dilvulge until after the fact, but know that it means good things for my boy T. It's the type of thing that happens to a man every once in awhile, but when it happens, it's a great thing. I hope I'm confusing you because that's really my only point.
My weekend was rather exciting. My buddy Tyka was in town from Aiken, SC. The pressure was on, and I was feeling it. Being that I'm never really in town for a weekend, my knowledge of the "goings ons" was little. My usual people that I hang out with were nowhere to be found for friday night, but were planning big things for saturday. So it was me and my roommate's job to figure out where we'd go for the night. We decided on a local establishment here in Palm Harbor called Mixers. It's a smaller bar with very cute bartenders/wait staff. Don't worry, there were no girls to speak of for me. For Tyk's, there were multiple. The kid's a great "starter," we just have to get him a better closer. For baseball fans, it's like he's using Keith Foulke when he should be using Mariano Rivera. One guy blows everything for the team (Foulke), the other rarely blows it (Mo). That was really just put in there because I do have a Red Sox fan as a reader and I like to throw jabs whenever possible. Red Bull and Vodka was the drink of choice and good times were had. Tyk's tried to pull a 900-super gainer in the pike position off of a skateboard later on in the evening, but a sniper got him and needless to say, he was limping all day saturday. Speaking of Saturday, Tyk's and Mr. T came down for spring break and they found Derby Lane, a greyhound track in St. Petersburg, and fell in love with it. So we went and Tyk's hit the trifecta in the 11th. He won 15 large. Yup, 15 dollars!!! Hitting the trifecta in the 11th grossed him 15 dollars! But it was fun watching the dogs...sort of. I don't bet at that stuff. I just don't do it. So we did that, and when we came home, some people other than me thought it would be a good idea to take a 4 1/2 hour nap. They were the smart ones, I was not. I was scared that I wouldn't have woken up, and I wouldn't have. So I just sat and watched tv in my room, waiting for the trip to South Tampa, uppity section of Tampa, where the beer flows like beer and the girls spread like butter. I don't even know what that means. I have no idea what that means! It was a good time with Tyk's. The verdict's still out, but he may have "traded for Mariano" last night, if you know what I mean...
So speaking of "closers," Mr. T had a big "save" yesterday. More and more people are being brought into the blog and I'm running out of creative names. Tallahassee, we'll call her, and it's not creative at all. Not even close to creative, because that's where she lives. I've only met her once and it was at the Clemson/Florida State game, and didn't get in too deep to have enough ammo to give her a nickname. He calls me up yesterday and tells me the story about the "save." It really was a save, in all actuality because he pulled a Creegs the two prior nights where he wanted to go in for the kiss, but didn't have enough balls...beers in him to do it, so he finally had his back against the wall and had to poop bricks or get off the pot. (I'm all about the cheesy sayings today, I apologize for that, but I'm sure there's more to come) He "pooped" and it sets up a great New Years for that guy. Hence, the title of the blog is an actual quote from the T-man himself. BUT, Mr. T, like myself, dated a girl FROM WAYNE HILLS(this is God's honest truth, they went to the same high school in NJ, but went to Clemson) for an extended period of time. I think it was on the cusp(beautiful word) of 4 years. Well, like my relationship with a girl from Wayne, it didn't work out, I won't get into details, because they're moot. Anyway, Mr. T's out with Tallahassee the other night and the phone rings, and it's Wayne Hills Jr. No, she's not a junior at Wayne Hills, she was just younger than my ex. He calls me to tell me that he's "living Swingers." SO TRUE!!! The end of swingers when John Fav...Mikey's ex calls him and then the new girl calls, so he blows off the ex and starts fresh with the new girl. That's what Mr. T did!!! Congrats, Tallahassee is a good looking girl. Start fresh!
-No quote today, my brain hurts.-
No comments:
Post a Comment