Thursday, December 01, 2005

24 Shopping Days Left...

It's December 1st and it's cold in Florida. Okay, I know, it's not cold, but chilly. Alright, it's not chilly, but there is a chill. The lead story on the news is that there is a possibility that peoples vegetables and fruit may freeze. WOOHOO! That's a newsworthy day. I'm serious though, it does get that way here. Not the cold, because it's cold for three or four days, tops! But the news will throw on the "frost advisory" when the temperature dips under 40 those four days of the year. We're not there yet, as I sit in mid-60s weather today, but the weatherpeople did state that this is a "cold front." (and yes, they used air-quotes.) But don't you worry about little-ole me, it's supposed to be in the mid-70s this weekend. Is there any better weather than mid-70s? I don't think so.

Enough about the weather, my brain hurts talking about that. Either that or the four beers I had last night are giving me a headache. That could be the case as well. Not saying that I was drunk by any means, but I was very thirsty, so they went down rather quick. Just a warm up, I guess for the weekend that will be. The boys are flying into Orlando tonight, so it's on starting at about 9pm. I'm a little scared. I do actually have to work tomorrow morning in Orlando, so tonight may be tame. What happened to the only drinking one night a week, you ask? Well, sometimes I'm given a waiver to that rule, an exception if you will. It's like, for all of my married friends out there, receiving a "fun pass" for the night. It's something you know that you're probably going to get reemed out for, or in my case, pay for physically (hangover, vomit, etc.) but you're going to do your best while you have the opportunity. I hope that made sense, it is early.

I want to take this opportunity to sort out all of the names that I gave my friends that I talk about on the blog, or as people in message boards call it, threads. I have Smoke and Earp, DL and Dishsoap, JPat(not creative, may have to switch that one) and FineCheese(probably my favorite name and person, heehee, i get a bed at St. Patty's). Robber, Wolv, Mr. T(another one that I need to get more creative on, I think), Yarbs, ZDP and B. MJ and the Rams. Beef and ..., I don't have one for the Beef's fiance. Hmm, I'll have to think of one there. It'll come to me if they ever go to NJ for the holidays, bastards! Rock, AY and Creegs. That's about all that I've used over the 57 posts. Can you believe that I've had enough time to post random babble 57 times since August? That's rediculous. But it's fun to just, as Mr. Seymour would say, "Freewrite." Write whatever comes to mind. Not jot down notes and write. Maybe it was a college professor that taught me to freewrite, but I just wanted to throw Mr. Seymour's name in there, being that we just had our 10 year reunion, and he was my freshman and junior English teacher. It was a stretch, but I like it, and it's staying!

So I've slept on a bed now for three straight nights. It's kind of crazy really. I know some of you are saying, what's the big deal? Well, before those three nights I slept on a couch and a psuedo pull-out couch for seven days. You never know what you have until you don't have it. Granted, the couch and the other thing were very comfy, but man, that bed is amazing. If there are any girls out there that want to test out what I'm talking about, just leave a comment. haha. There's no soliciting allowed on these things I don't think, but just in case. I have beer if you need. That was smooth Earp and you know it!

That's all the useless banter that I have for now. Off to Orlando tonight to begin the debaucherous weekend. Thanks to ZDP for the golf clubs for the weekend. I'll be sure not to break them. I should probably buy golf balls. Nah, who needs 'em, there's beers on the course. If there's water on the course, I'll find it. Probably a given, being that we're in Florida.

Have a great weekend. And I'll be sure to post something on Sunday night about the weekend that was.

"I'd rather be funny..." - Steve Martin

No comments: