I just got back from Jacksonville, Florida today a new man. I don't know what that means, but it's true however you look at it. I attended the "Biggest Outdoor Cocktail Party" in America, a college football game between Georgia and Florida.
First and foremost, my boy Cookie (sorry bud, an old High School reference) and his lovely wife welcomed a new addition into their home. I can't wait to teach her profanity, just kidding. I truly can't wait to get home to say hello and give her a beer...no, that's not the right thing to do either. I can't wait to see her and her mom and dad! Wow! My first high school buddy with a child. It's like I'm going through a baby-boom of sorts, with my niece whom I can't wait to see again, my boy Yarbs in Savannah's daughter and now my boy Cookie, craziness!!! Hope mom and daughter are healthy and happy, I hear they are! Congrats also to Smokey on being asked to be Godfather, I am also one and it's a real honor, enjoy it!
It was a great game in Jacksonville, with Florida coming out on top, but there were great people involved, which made it such a fun day. It was so fun that I couldn't function at 9pm last night, which led me to the bed(couch) early in the night. My boys JPat and (I need a name...let's call him...)Wolverine, for multiple reasons, came down from Savannah and joined me in this festivous activity. The day started later than we had estimated earlier but time seemed to stand still while we were tailgating. A plethora of adult beverages and great people lead to a lot of laughs and crazy times. The best line I heard all day came when I said to a young gentleman who had his hat tilted sideways, "Hey bud, your head's on sideways," only to have his obviously inebriated, obviously brilliant (fececious) girlfriend respond, "Your brain is on sideways." That was amazing. When I write my book of witty comebacks or write a book of rants and other nonsense, that may be my title. Shortly after that moment of brilliance, a gentleman who resembled Jesus came walking our way, I noticed it was, in fact Johnny Damon, centerfielder for the Red Sux. I reached my hand out, said, "Hey Johnny, how you doin' pal?" To which he responded, "I'm doing great, thanks buddy." He kept walking and I went on to rattle the cages of every fan I possibly could. I also called everyone I possibly could to tell them my brush with greatness. I have had people tell me today, "What (I) would have done" but when thrust into that situation, you don't have the "balls" to say anything. He was doing nothing but minding his own business trying to walk into the game without incident, and I allowed him to do so regardless of my extreme hatred of the Red Sux.
We also ran into another celebrity of sorts. A girl named Dara from New York City, a Georgia alum who was rather reluctant to use the port-o-johns decided that she needed to talk to us and after a bit we found out that she is going to be on Guiding Light, the soap opera. She has a recurring role. She was nice, but don't worry people, I'm not in love with her. She just had a lot of good things to say about the acting world, and offered up help in the future for me, which I thought was really cool.
I did find a girl that I fell in love with, but she didn't talk to us, just kind of was in our area and I starred at the poor girl and drooled a little bit too, but I promised myself I wouldn't cry...I mean wouldn't talk about girls for awhile. Although, I talked to my boy Mr. T earlier about the "Philadelphia" girl and ... nevermind, I don't want to get into it!
A great weekend had. I want to send along some apologies to the Savannah duo that graced me with their presence because I wussed out a little bit because college football games take a boatload out of you, in case you've never been. I was feeling like I would get sick, and no, not in the drunk-sense of the word, if I kept beating the crap out of my body. So we went out to eat and then I basically went to bed, which was the best idea I've had in awhile. I woke up today and the boys that were at the house with me were hurting something fierce, but I was fine and ready to enjoy the beautiful Florida day!
"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to." -anonymous, but should be me!
No comments:
Post a Comment