Tuesday, November 01, 2005

This Week Is SLOW

It seems as if this week is going by so slowly, I don't understand it. Actually, I do understand it, it's because of that freaking hurricane that made last week fly by because I was off from work for monday and technically tuesday as well, so it was Wednesday before I knew it. But this week doesn't seem that way. My work day always seem to fly by, probably because I'm driving for much of the day, stop in a few schools, try to buy their used textbooks and then back out to driving, only to come home at about 4:30 or so each day. Then with the time change, it's dark early, and this used to really get to me in New Jersey because it goes from grey to black and it seemed like it was miserable in the winter time. In Florida, it's 80 and sunny and then slowly the sun sets and then it's a clear-crisp nighttime. It's odd really, not really explainable unless you lived here. It's fun that way. Maybe the fact that it is beautiful for most of the days, I don't know. I'm babbling. Surprise, surprise.

But today is gloomy here. It started out as any normal fall day in Florida (yes, we have slight seasons here), sunny and warm, but then when I opened my mouth to my sales girl in Chicago about how nice it was outside, the rains came. And it's been rainy and dreary all day. The temperature is still nice, but it's Jersey-grey out today. So I'm sort of in a blah mood. And then a phone call came into my personal cell phone at about 5:45pm and it was someone that I may have had a five year relationship with, I'm not sure. Our phone conversations while we were an item many moons ago went sort of like this:

Me: Hey, how was your day
Her: (insert 45 minute diatribe here)...Alright, I gotta go and make dinner.
Me: Ok, my day was good, talk to you later.

Tonight, when I got the phone call, it was eerily similar to that conversation. Some days I like talking to her, some people say I shouldn't talk to her at all, and trust me when I tell you, we don't talk often, maybe once every other month, maybe. There are some events taking place in her life that I don't want to know about because as long ago that I did date her, there's a part of me that still likes her. Just a part, not a big part(not my head, haha.) And it's not that I still like her, but that I probably miss the companionship. Oh shit, enough about that nonsense, I'm usually all about the funny and drinking stuff, not this garbage. Sorry about that.

I'm heading, once again to Savannah, Georgia this weekend for some more antics. I have no real expectations, but I don't need any because there is always good times to be had in that town and 999/1000 times, we find them. Two weeks from now, it's going to be weird not hanging out with JPat, FineCheese and Wolverine, but I get to add ZDP into the mix this weekend, and that can only lead to shenanigans!

I just hope this week goes quicker. Oh man, it's only tuesday...

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver" - Jack Handey

1 comment:

aks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.