Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ho Hum, and Auditions

I'm guessing now that I write 2-3 posts a week depending on how much is going on the Cregan-world. Well, there's not much going on in that world lately, so there's not much to write, hence the 2 posts for the week. I have weekend travel plans, surprise, surprise, and usually I write about something from the weekend that was, or something that's coming up. Today, I really don't have anything exciting and that sort of worries me. The only excitement I got out of today was that the cell phone company that I use for my work cell phone decided that they were over charging me for the particular service that I use, hence, are going to "credit" me some money. That's sort of bullmularky in a way. I've given them my money straight up. I never said, well let me give you a credit of my life, which you can use next month for my services. I think I've done that in the past with some bills and companies don't like that, apparently. If this were the old days and I was living in Brooklyn, I'd have no knees or "swimming with the fishes" or "wearing cement shoes," etc.

So this weekend I head back to the mother land, Clemson, South Carolina. The place is tremendous. I'm even going so far as to taking a half day tomorrow, BUT, I'll be traveling two hours north for my meetings and then taking off directly from there. It should be a great game between my Clemson Tigers and the Florida Stank Semenholes, with hopefully the Tigers coming out on top. Haha, I didn't even realize the funny until I re-read that. It's really actually childish, but it's been one of those days.

I had my mid-year review today for work, and it worked out exceptionally well, that is, until I talked to my mentor/friend on the east coast of Florida to compare our "Excellents" and apparently "Outstandings." I didn't get any "Outstandings," but I got plenty of "Excellents," and I'm pissed. Granted, Meg$ is tremendous in what she does, but I was getting all hyped up about my excellents and then realized that there was one more step, damn you outstanding!!! I didn't want to be outstanding anyway. I never liked that word. If it were "tremendous," I would be more pissed than I am, because I love the word TREMENDOUS!!! Speaking of tremendous, I wonder(hint, hint) if my boy Mr. T will be in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains this weekend. Dude works at Augusta National Golf Course now, he may be too cool for school if you know what I mean. I mean, picking Azalias out of your butt on 12 may hurt. I don't know what I just said.

Monday will come fast, I'm sure, and besides working all day in Fort Myers, I will be auditioning for a show. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I will be back on the stage to get re-acquainted with it. I promised Mr. T that I would and I am! Let's just hope I "break a leg" out there on Monday. It's a half-step up from a community theater and looks like they do some really good work, plus, I have to say that I'm 30 for the role that I want. The audition notice says that the director is looking for men ages 30-59. I'm only 28. But the few greys in this big head of hair may allow me to play 30. I'm not sure. We'll see. I'm actually not really looking for a role, per se, because as much as I love to act and would love to be in the show, (I Hate Hamlet, is the name) I need work with auditioning and performing, so the audition will get my feet back in the water and hopefully I'll drink some salt, I don't know. We'll see. I made that promise to Mr. T, which reminds me, he never told me if he got cast in the show that he auditioned for in Aiken, SC. Hmmm. That bastard!

Things that make you go hmmmmm: Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemmingway.

No comments: