So I've gotten a lot of responses from the "trailer" of Pumpkinhand that I put on the "BLOG" the other day. I think there was only one response that differed from the rest and it went something like this:
[name] loved the trailer...me on the other hand...
For this, I say thank you, because that was a breath of fresh air. Everyone, and I mean everyone (all 25) people that I sent the link too and then the readers of this mess said, and I quote, "I don't get it."
Awesome!!! I don't get it! That's great, because quite honestly, I don't get it either. It's a fairly true story based on unrequited love, as stated in the trailer. When the full length (19 minutes) comes out, I'll make sure that everyone knows and then people will really be saying, "I don't get it." All you have to really know is that, yes, I am in a sailor suit that was way too tight for me (weight jokes need not apply.) And that the director of the movie is ultra creative, probably the most creative person bordering on madness that I've ever met. A great guy nonetheless. So that's that.
The weekend was spent, yet again, in Savannah-BlackHole, Georgia. I have a really hard time leaving that joint. It's such good times with such good people, and the couch is comfy too! Even when I leave, there are issues, like last night when I was about 50 miles into my trip on I-95, the road was closed. Apparently there was an accident and the road completely shut down. I was sitting there in my car, listening to the radio and the asshole behind me making sure everyone knew that he had a kicking system in his 1992 Ford Liberty Sedan. I made the car up because quite frankly I don't know what the car was, but it wasn't nice looking at all. Either were the guy and girl in the car. I even had these nice ladies next to me say to me, as I rolled up my windows, "I don't blame you, we don't need that noise in a jam." I smiled, and kept playing bowling on my nokia cell phone. (I scored a 196, my highest ever!!!) Sorry about that, it was about the only excitment going on for an hour and fifteen minutes that I sat without moving.
Side note: You ever notice, if you're sitting in traffic on a major thoroughfare, that people ALWAYS cut across the median and get off at the exit to rest or whathaveyou. There's ALWAYS someone that gets caught in the center median. Someone that didn't do the sideways number across and try to go at the median straight on. I love those people. They have to be so embarrassed by their stupidity. I would be, but then again, I don't ever try to cut across the median because that would most definitely happen to me.
Needless to say, I got home at a decent hour, after 7+ in the car. The ride was fine after that. But a hassle nonetheless. The weekend was once again fun. People in NJ really need to experience Savannah the way that JPat and the crew(notice no Wolv... reference because he turned into a scared possum on Saturday night, haha) do the town. There's such a good vibe by these people, for the most part, with the only visible exception being Wolv's fiancee(you had to be there.) And JPat is the mayor. I may just have to switch the name to Mayor instead. It's more creative, and true. The guy can pick up the phone and within moments, or hours, people will be knocking down the door with a dish in hand to eat dinner. It's uncanny really. He also got 19 people together for a "Haunted Pub Crawl" that took place on Friday night. A tour of the local pubs with stories of ghosts, etc. It was very fun for me, at least. And it seemed like the rest of the crew had a good time as well. Plus, it was Wolv's birthday week, so we made sure he was involved in some heavy duty drinking, which, by the sounds of the lack of recollection the next day, he had a blast. So this is a challenge to all of the NJ peeps, get to Savannah for the biggest party the town has, St. Patty's because if there is that much fun in that town on an off week, think about the fun when the town is hopping, and the bathrooms are portable! (Sorry FineCheese and "Mayor" for inviting everyone to your town.)
Saturday night was a little less eventful as far as the crowd, but pretty sweet nonetheless. ZDP and Yarbs joined the crew that consisted of me and the Mayor for a foursome of sorts. We did the town right, sat, shot the proverbial poo, drank not nearly as fast as the "married duo with their fun passes." The shots to the nuts and the pounding on top of the beer and the falling off a brick wall were just added bonuses to the weekend that was.
"When we get engaged 'Wolv', I want you to get me a ring just like this one"(pointing to FineCheese's engagement ring) - Someone not worthy of a creative name.
1 comment:
the nuts thing was you as well. Yarbs was very mellow and fun.
Post a Comment