So I was in Clemson, South Carolina yesterday. That's right people, Clemson, SC, home of Clemson University where I inhabited the better part of 7 years of my late teens to late 20's. I was in a wedding in Asheville, North Carolina and flew into Charlotte, NC on Saturday only to have to fly out this morning as well. So if any of you happen to be staring at a map of the Southeast at this very moment, you'll notice that Charlotte to Asheville is approx. two hours and fifteen minutes apart, Asheville to Clemson is an hour and a half, and Clemson to Charlotte is also 2 1/4 hours. My plan was to hang for the wedding on Saturday, stay over in a hotel room, which I did, then wake up hang out, do lunch with the newly married couple and friends, walk around the beautiful city of Asheville, and then mid to late day take off to Charlotte, get yet another hotel room where I would watch football, relax and get some much needed rest before the early flight today. (Cue Loser music from The Price is Right, or The big "X" on Family Feud, whatever) DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! You know why? NASCAR!!! Nascar ruined my plans. You all know that I don't like to plan, I know where I have to be and when, but if it's not something that I'm obligated to be at, I hem and haw and then make a last minute decision. But this time I had a plan, with the exception of reserving a hotel room in Charlotte, I just figured that it would be a piece of cake to get one by the airport on a sunday night. I called nine hotels in the Charlotte viscinity and came up empty. Because of Nascar.
So as I showered in the later part of sunday morning, I said to myself that I could go to Clemson and hang out, watch a rehearsal of a show that the Clemson Players are doing in November, and get some good rest, but then I talked myself out of it because it would add 2 1/4 to the ride in the morning and that wasn't feesable or a good idea. WHO NEEDS FEESABILITY?!?! I woke up in Clemson this morning, well rested and ready to embark on my travels, and that's really all there is to this story.
I ended up in Clemson, saw my friend who is a mom for the second time, so congratulations to Princess from 13 Clocks. I got to see the 2 1/2 week old. She's adorable, like her mom. Got to eat at Todaro's, which is the best pizza in the South by far, very comparable to NJ pizza, well, because the owner is from NJ and gets all his dough from NJ, makes sense. Got to watch a rehearsal of the upcoming Clemson Players show to which I was well received and that's always enjoyable, and got to sleep on my favorite couch in Clemson. Thanks CBoz! I 'appurciate' it!
I will Mr. T/Treehouse/MY Boy/Arsehole (all the same person) would call a guy back! He's officially getting called out via blog. Called out via blog, does anybody do that?!?! He knows who he is, so if you're reading and say, "Is he talking about me?" NO, I'm not!
Until next time, You keep that hat on Tampa Bay, that bald spot is blinding me!
No comments:
Post a Comment