Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Recap of My Weekend

Because of my drunken state on Sunday night, I'm not sure I can do the weekend justice. It was funny because I do tell people that I "only drink one night a week," and it's true. I think I should say, "I drink {in excess} one night a week." During this past weekend, I had four beers on Friday night at dinner, three beers on Saturday night at the wedding pre-party, and then Sunday I lost count after three and the bar ran out of Miller Lite. Corona wasn't doing it for me and that's when Mr. GreyGoose came out. So technically I drank three nights this weekend, but only to excess once. Those previous nights were so spread out that the four beers on friday probably covered 6+ hours. The beers on Saturday covered 5 hours. The 155,093 drinks on Sunday covered four hours. Hopefully you can tell where I'm going with this. I did only "drink" {to excess} on Sunday.

Here's one person's point of view on my "performance" on Sunday at the wedding:

there seemed to be a very definitive point when you went from having a good timeto being out of control shitcanned. it didn't seem gradual to me. I remember youdoing the dance and having fun, and then about 1/2 hour later you were dancingon the floor all by yourself to some song and had some hand gestures to go alongwith it and everyone was looking at you in disbelief. that's when we allrealized that there was no going back for you.

Here's the recap and it's not going to be that exciting I don't think.

Thursday night I arrive in beloved NJ and get picked up at the airport, drive to get something to eat at a pretty nice Italian place in Gillette, right by Moms and Pops place. Good times, good food, great people. I go to sleep. I wake up on Friday morning to do some work because even though I was told by my mentor and friend to "just f^%$ing take the day off," I couldn't shy away from the computer and my attempt to make money. Friday night, and mind you, the weather in NJ was attrocious to say it lightly, we're supposed to go to the city and go to bars and get the groom drunk as a psuedo bachelor party, but with the mixture of rain and delayed flights, we cancelled those plans. We hung out at Smoke's house for awhile, went out to a restaurant for some grub and beers. Good people, good times. Watched the Yankees lose game 3 with Unit on the bump. Oh well. Go back to Smoke and Earp's watch more of the game and no await the arrival of the groom with his entourage. They finally got in around 1am from a flight that was supposed to put them in at 7:30pm. I've been there guys, I know how that is, trust me. It sucks! So we shoot the proverbial poo with them for awhile and then retire to our sleeping places with big intentions for Saturday. Saturday comes and I sleep, and sleep some more and watch some football and then go to sleep. I dropped the ball with taking care of the entourage from Savannah because of my laziness. At about 7, I went over to Melrose to pick up the afore-mentioned entourage to bring us all to the hotel for a pre-wedding gathering put on by the grooms father. Good times, good people, great laughs. We go back to Melrose after the party because that is where the entourage is staying, and I walk into (I don't have nicknames yet for the inhabitants of that particular apt. yet)'s place and see the male in the apt. drunk as poo, if poo could get really drunk. Drinking vodka and Snapple, a dangerous mix in my mind, but I didn't drink, just laughed at the antics and comments. He would not let me leave, thought I was drunk and would not let me leave, pushed me into his roomate's room and told me that I had to "sober up for 30 minutes." I felt bad for the female roommate because I didn't know if I was really wanted in that room or not. So Sunday comes (hahahahahaha) and it's wedding day. And that's about the time that it starts to get hazy for me. Well, not that early, but just after that. Drinking, dancing, laughing, shmoozing, flirting, hugging, drinking,...etc. That's what I did, and did a lot of it. Monday was uneventful other than a great dinner cooked up by my parents, steak, potatoes, broccoli, bread, yum!!! I think they'll be reading this now, so hi Mom and Dad!

I'm back in Florida trying to make a buck. Wish me luck. Go 'Stros! My new favorite team! Yeah, I'm on the bandwagon, who's coming with me?!?!

No comments: