Saturday, July 08, 2006

"I'll take, 'shit that doesn't happen to me' for $400 please Alex!"

So here we are, yet again, weeks between posts. But once again, I've had a pretty hectic week and it's the weekend now and I have a moment to breathe and write down some thoughts for the entire world to see. The title of the blog comes to me today from my wednesday and thursday. See, I'm not used to being hit on, even though people tell me that I'm absolutely oblivious to signs of females showing interest in me, I don't see it, ever. The one girl I liked and really went hard after and pursued for a long period of time, I dated for some time. But since then, my lack of game has become even less, and here I am seeing friends have children already and I'm still sitting on my thumbs. But enough crying, back to the story.

Everyone that knows me knows what I do for a living and knows that the summers are the most hectic time of my year. I have a big account with Collier County, Florida, in Naples. They send all of their K-12 textbooks to me, to a warehouse in Tampa, to which I have to go in and "sort" it. Well, it's actually a beautiful warehouse as far as warehouses are concerned. It's actually a transportation company's warehouse, so they have people in an office scheduling freight shipments, logistics, etc. Well the secretary in the office is an older woman. None that I would ever pursue, but the other day I was there from 8-3, and sweating through 4 t-shirts. I was gross to say the least. Sweating through a hat, just a mess. So as I was leaving, the secretary asked me where I was going. I said that I was going to get a haircut and to watch the World Cup semi-final game. She gave me this coy look and said, "damn, you are going to look good with a haircut." I smiled and laughed as I normally do and went on my way. Not thinking anything of it. The next day, I was back in the warehouse from 8-6, so I had to go into the office to fax things, ask questions, etc. The secretary asked me to take my hat off, which I did and she smiled again, and said, "damn, you need to write your number down on this paper. You see what a little hair cut can do?" Once again, I laughed, and walked out of the office. Later on in the day I walked back into the office to ask for a sharpee marker and she said, "I have something better than that" and referenced the paper for me to write my number down, or something, I don't know, remember, I'm oblivious. Once again, smile, laugh, walk out with the sharpee. THEN, I walk back in to give back the sharpee after I was told that my fax didn't go through, so I was sitting by the fax machine, leaning over the secretary's desk, she said something about the woman that I borrowed the sharpee from, and quite honestly, I know the name of the owner of the company and the office manager and that's it. She said the name, I must have given a look as if I didn't know who that was, and then she asked me if I knew their names. I didn't and must have looked guilty because she said, "here, this will remind you" to which she wrote her name on a piece of paper and her phone number. Lastly, I was leaving for the day, and had to tell them that I was done in the warehouse. They said, "see you tomorrow," to which I told them that I would not return on Friday and I would be back next week one day, and she got all upset, and said, "I need to see you walk in and out of this office more."

No, I have not called and have no intention of calling. But this, as was the first Key West trip with the gentleman who pinched my nipples, was rather good for the ego. Here I am, a regular fat kid with big head getting hit on by attractive(not my taste) people. It gives me hope that people like the big head look. haha. I'm not complaining or anything, I just wanted to share my story of someone hitting on me and giving me their number.

I have FineCheese and Hunter along with Robber coming to town next weekend. Should be debaucherous, to say the least. I haven't heard if Wolv is coming because when I called Cheese the other day, she returned the call, but LEFT NO MESSAGE!!!!!! That's BS!

Anywho. I found out that one of my college loves just got engaged a few weeks ago. That takes another one off the list. Terrible! Smile, it makes you feel better! Have a great weekend and week to follow!

No comments: