Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Bender

So this weekend I stayed in Tampa once again. It seems as if I've been here on weekends for quite some time, with the exception of last weekend. But now that I live on this island, I've become somewhat of a snob. In that, I mean that I don't want to travel outside of the island on weekends. I have phone calls from people telling me to come to a country-hick bar and instead I want to walk a 1/2 mile to the bars here on the island and sit and drink with peeps. Gone are the days when people would say, "Dude, let's go to {insert bar here} to pick up chicks" and I jump on that. Maybe I'm getting old, although my liver would argue with you about that, but I just want to go to the local bars with good friends, drink $140 worth of vodka/lemonades(like saturday) and walk home at 3 in the morning. That's how I roll now! It's sort of scary. But that's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh. Sorry about that last sentence. But anyway, back to the weekend.

It started on Thursday, kind of like Clemson. Me and BamaBill went to Tate's, the local sports bar/pizza joint. Great place, great bartenders and always friendly faces in there. We're regulars. It's like Cheers here on the island. I walk in and one of the bartenders, says "Hey Creegs!" It's sort of sad, really. But anyway, we went out to watch a baseball game, grab good pizza and drink some pitchers. We usually do it one night a week, and go home after the game is done, after three or four pitchers, nothing too much for four or five of us. This week was different because we ran into Citizen's new girl, who basically challenged our manhood and 10 pitchers later (between just two of us) we were leaving the bar at midnight, having to work in the morning. Not shitty, just buzzing good, Friday still sucked. Friday evening I was just planning on laying low because Saturday was a planned bender, and I wanted to be in prime form. That was to no avail. Can'tMiss calls and said that he needed to talk to me, which usually means that a case or two of shotgunning beers and then liquor later the story would come out. So he brought over a 12-er to start. Long story short, we ended up walking home at about 2:30am, and staying up chatting it up until about 4:30am. Not good. Needless to say, I rolled out of bed on Saturday at noon and having to head to BamaBill's house to help him move. Then Johnny O's girl comes over with beer, so we have to have one, no choice in the matter.

The move was short and sweet, and we headed out to lunch at the local Mexican restaurant, which ripped me up, but that's another story for another time. Had a corona there for lunch and wasn't feeling it, and wasa worried about our planned bender for the evening. Went home, and hung out on the couch for quite some time. Phone rings again, Can'tMiss looking to get started for the night. Me, not having the ability to say no to anyone, told him to come over and we'd get it going. Another long story short, we head out to the bar at 6:30pm. Vodka/lemonades started flowing at about 8:30pm, and the night was officially, as far as my memory is concerned. Good people all around. BamaBill and his ex got into an argument, and went home early, which was a little disappointing, but I managed to bang on his door late night. He was happy about that, as most people would be. You could imagine. But there was beerpong/beirut late night, which also lead to some debauchery. It was a good time. There are more details, but I can't remember everything and some things may have to stay inside to protect the innocent. Nothing bad happened, so I guess the bender was a success.

Sunday was a BBQ out at BamaBill's and his complex people. Good people all around. Good food. I drank sweet tea, but Bama was drinking. I went out and bought a 12 and didn't even open it. Saturday was a bit rough, Sunday morning was rougher. I think I'm going to hold off on the alcohol for the week, that is, unless Bama calls and wants to watch some baseball and play some GoldenTee. I'm in trouble.

Looks like I may be heading to Savannah this weekend, but I have to get the car fixed at some point before that happens. I'll let the people involved know when a decision is made. Have a great week!

No comments: