Monday, July 24, 2006

New Jersey Weekend

Why is it that whenever I come back home from...well, home, do I always have something great to say about my friends? I'm guessing because when times are tough we all band together and help the people that are in need of a hug or a smile and a laugh. We really see just who is the true friends. I went back to NJ this past weekend on a whim. I got wind of the passing of two of the best people in the "group's." father Robber and Vision(new name, probably will change, but it's the sister of Robber) lost their father last week way too soon. Obviously stricken with grief and sorrow we were called into duty. It was second nature to a handful of us as to what we had to do. Me from Florida, Robber's boy from L.A., Vision's friends from Michigan and PA, along with our local friends all came together and rushed to get to their sides for a smile and a hug and just to show them just how sorry we all were at their great loss. There was only one really, truly understandable and acceptable absence when Hunter didn't come back up from Savannah because of his education, but it wasn't from lack of trying, and FineCheese's flight up on Friday was cancelled, but boy oh boy they were both with us and the family. It was a truly great tribute to their dad by the amount of people that flooded the funeral home and then the church on Saturday.

To them, I say, please don't hesitate to call any one of us for an ear, and in my case, I'll be back in three weeks for a shoulder. There's absolutely no shame in (as I told them this weekend) to USE us! Each and every one of our "clique" is ready and willing to lend the ear and the shoulder and extend a tissue or a hug. There is nothing you can say that is "silly" or "embarrasing" to us. This is why I love my friends. We had two of the group's finest in need and without hesitation and without care of other plans, we dropped everything and came to their side.

It's been a year, almost to the day that I lost my uncle and this terrible occurance left me thinking about him and how I do still miss him tremendously, and as I sat on the front stoop or on a back porch this weekend with the two of them, I felt the loss, I hurt for them, I choked out some tears at the church and funeral home for them. I'm sorry that I'm writing about this, but I just want them to know that we're here. We'll always be here. I'll try to make them smile and laugh at my dumb antics. The invite is wide open to come to Tampa, to "get away" for a few days, or weeks, or years, I don't care.

I do use this blog as a freewrite source, a source to put down my feelings and sharing the dumb things I do, normally with alcohol involved, but I feel like I need to do tribute to my friends and their families when the need is there. This is one of those times.

Robber and Vision, I love you guys! You know that. And the thanks that you kept giving me for coming back means a lot, but it was my absolute pleasure to be there by your side during this time. It'll be my pleasure to be there any time you need me. I know it's tough being that I'm 1500 miles away, but not only do I have one phone, I have two! Stay strong, and God Bless!

Smokey and Earp's wedding is the next time that I'll be in NJ and I'm really looking forward to that! Should be fun times!!!

1 comment:

bFlatBracelets said...

Creegs,

You are the best and your blog made me cry. Lots of love to everyone in our "clique". Robber and Vision, you truly are the best!