Mr. T was in town this past weekend, and it was a tough week for me for work. I spent the week in Gainesville doing a big project, lifting, driving trucks into schools (no really, I did back a 24' truck into a roof at a school, hilarity ensued), sweating my butt off, etc. It was a tough week. So Friday morning I get back home, shower, get ready to head to a meeting with a school. Mr T looked as if he had a rough Thursday night on "The Island." I dressed the man up in a Follett shirt, and headed out to the school. He's a natural. Helped me out and we were in and out of that school in no time.
Friday night, I was still tired. But, being that this was the first time since we traveled together to Tampa back in 2003(or 2004, I don't remember), it was really the first time that he's been here on a weekend with me having no worries about work or anything to stand in our way of going out on the town. I didn't want to disappoint the "Treehouse" (sorry bud.) But being the wuss that I am, we stayed in my place, bought 30 beers and drank about 14 of them, laughed a lot and then I just couldn't continue and called it a night on the grounds that I would get "Creeg-faced" on Saturday. I made the man that promise. I'm pretty sure I didn't disappoint. Neither of us did.
Saturday began as any in my world when I'm not traveling the southeast. Woke up at 10ish, woke the big man up and my roomate Citizen. (His last name's Kane, I couldn't be more original.) The deal was to grab some grub with some of my "islander" friends and then hang out where I used to live with Can'tMiss and others and then drop off the T-man with his folks who were in town visiting family. (Always good to see them, truly great people!) So I dropped the big man off at where his folks were staying and I headed out to a surprise b-day party for another islander friend. We were there, drinking lightly until about 10ish, when I got the call from Mr. T that he was back at the house. And then it began. I arrived back at the house, and was ready to go. We still had 16 beers in the fridge waiting for our mouths and stomachs. We each imbibed our fair share, and left none for Citizen and then started the mile walk to downtown Davis Island. Walked into the sports bar, asked the bartender if she was planning on closing up shop early. She said yes, but we could still hang out there for awhile. (now that I'm a regular) Drank four pitchers, and then got the call that the birthday boy and others were at the outdoor bar across the street. That's where vodka/lemonades are ingested. And ingest I did. Oh yeah, there were two girls at the sports bar that are smoking hot! I need nicknames for them, but I'm not feeling creative today. We'll call one ShortBlonde and the other TallBrunette. TallBrunette and Citizen have had an on-again, off-again sort of jaunt as of late, and ShortBlonde has/had a boyfriend. But ShortBlonde is extremely good looking. TallBrunette is cute too, but I shy away from her because my roomate, yada yada. You know the deal. Unless it's a sister of a friend, I shy away. The T-man has a good looking girlfriend, so he played wingman for me(you're welcome). Mr. T challenged me to go up to talk to Short(for short) and being that I was about 647 beers deep, I obliged, stood at the jukebox, picking songs, making her laugh, etc. That's really where that story ends because apparantly I didn't talk to her for the rest of the night, but I thought I did. Vodka/Lemonade is a hell of a drug. But I play the friend game. FineCheese, I was not shy with this one, I promise. I did ask her if her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend was "the one," because we all know that that question was asked of someone in my past about yours truly, and Short said "no!" SCORE! We'll just have to wait until this weekend to see her out. Then I realized that it was 3:45am and we were still at the open air bar drinking "heaven" and I was ready for the bed. So we came home, made a lot of drunk dials and apparently when Citizen came back to the house was the perfect time that I must have bumped my phone and it called my parents in NJ. So of course, they thought something was wrong, so they answered the phone and my dad(I heard about this the next day when he called me) said he heard someone, other than me, say "So did you bang the bartender?" So we all had a good laugh. Mr. T did some un-blogworthy things to Davis Island, but if you really want to know, you can email me. It was extremely funny at the time.
So it was a blogworthy weekend with Mr. T. I had a blast, I hope he did as well. This weekend, I don't have any visitors and nothing planned to do, so I plan on resting quietly, watching the World Cup and eating Cheetos...naked! Have a great week! Yes, I am alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment