Monday, June 05, 2006

It's Been Too Long and Friends

Sorry, once again. It seems like I'm saying that a lot. I've been SOOOOOOOOO busy with work, and physically and mentally tired at the end of each day. But I'm making really good money and making my boss and the VP of purchasing very happy, so things are good in my world, but I am working my butt off to have this success.

Yes, it was my birthday yesterday (June 4th, 1977 at 5:42am) and I did nothing and it was great. It's exactly what I wanted to do yesterday. I went out hard on Friday night here on "the island," drank a good bit on Saturday and laid low yesterday. It was wonderful. Thanks to all of you that sent your birthday wishes, it was overwhelming and much appreciated. I said to my mother later on in the day yesterday, that I've never had so many phone calls for one birthday ever. It almost got tiresome answering the phones. But don't mistake that, I really do appreciate each and every one of the calls. There's a line in a Tom Sartori song that goes, "Everyone that knows you, cannot help but love you..." When me and my roomate were listening to that song while heading out for grub the other night, it was quiet in the car and Citizen said, "that's you dude, that's what people say about you." I stopped to think about that for a second, and those that do, in fact, know me, know that I would never toot my own horn, especially when it comes to things like that because (a) I'm a bit shy and other than being on stage, I don't really like attention(sober), and (b) I'm not one of those people that thinks that a ton of people love me. I'm always worried that people don't like me, and I don't like that. I do relish all of my friendships and appreciate Citizen's comment on that evening. I do repeat this on this forum all the time, that I love my friends. I have the best family, and the best friends in the world. And like I said earlier, the response to people calling me yesterday all of the way until 11pm to wish me a happy birthday was unbelievable. It's not going to my head at all, but maybe I do have that effect on some people. I was talking to Smokey and Earp the other night on their way to a Pearl Jam show, and as the phone was being passed to Smoke, I overheard Earp say, "I love him." Now normally I would think that she was talking about Eddie Vedder, but I think she may have been talking about me! And the feelings are mutual. Synopsis of the last paragraph of ramble: My friends rule.

I pee on couches, on white sheets, on the floor, on myself, on peoples alarm clocks, while walking, and according to the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, in public TWICE, and yet people still let me stay at their houses, drink beers with me until I can't see or walk or talk or get bottles thrown at me . I am obnoxious on occasion, and people still call me weekly/nightly to hang out, and come down from other towns/cities to visit for weekends, or during the week(Mr. T). I constantly get asked to do a performance at friend's weddings that's my way of saying thank you for letting me be there, and it's foolish and crazy and out-of-control, but it's awesome that my friends let me do that.

This weekend, Mr. AYB3 will be getting married on the Jersey Shore, and I am looking forward to getting there for that and standing next to my boy while he takes the plunge, and his ball-cutting procedure is already scheduled, so congrats on that. It's going to be yet another opportunity to hang out with and catch up with friends. I've had three offers to pick me up at the airport on Friday because Mama and Papa Creegs are heading to see their granddaughter and unable to pick-up their bum of a son in Newark. It's awesome. I hope I don't take you guys for granted because that's not my intent at all. If I don't tell you guys that you're the best a lot, I apologize because you truly are. You all know who you are.

I apologize, I pride myself on making this forum a free-write of sorts for me. I sit down and tell myself I'm going to blog. I sit, start writing my initial thought and then branch off to other topics. This is just where this one went. Once again, I hope you enjoyed reading this mess. Nothing really exciting has been going on with me, therefore, no regular blogs. I went to visit Cheese and Hunt last weekend and we had a blast, but it was relatively mellow. I guess that's what happens when I missed all of Saturday due to Clemson baseball, and Sunday was spent at ZDP's crib with his parents and wife, along with Yarbs and wife and child. I always have a great time in Savannah. Without fail. I wish I was there this weekend, from the sounds of it, it was a Creegs-style weekend. Sorry I missed that.

Also, I would like to publically say congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Yarbs on their new addition to the family. A happy, healthy new daughter, Charlotte. I've seen you guys in action as parents, and it's pretty weird and impressive at the same time. Weird because I used to get shitfaced with Yarbs before rehearsals for "Look Homeward, Angel," and now he's a good dad. It's cool to see. So congratulations Yarbs family!!!

All in all, thanks again for all of the phone calls, emails, voice mails wishing me a happy birthday. I have the best group of friends in the world, and know that I appreciate you guys more than you'll ever know!!!

1 comment:

bdonin said...

no, she was talking about Eddie - but we love you too!