Well after a long, arduous week of work, I'm back to writing. Not sure if anything is going to make sense because my brain is officially fried, but some would argue that it's always been that way. Maybe my ability to black-out is affecting that, I'm not sure. Oh well. Onto my week that was and maybe a bit something off-track from the usual useless banter that I throw down on this website. First, I'm sorry to the loyal readers for not having something to read and/or smirk at. Here's something...
For someone that's not a very political person, today, I just found out that maybe I do have some thoughts concerning politics. I just found out that my cousin, (dad's cousin's son, so my 2nd cousin?? Doesn't matter really, I talk to the kid on the phone, kept in touch with him in college, we're relatively close), just got sent over to Iraq to fight in this war that apparently we're involved in. I'm kidding. I know we're in a war, and I support the troops 150%, you can bank on that, but I've not really had anything hit me harder than when I heard this news today. I've been involved with what's been going on, but not to the extent of maybe I should be. Everyday, when I pick up the newspaper, I get a knot in my stomach when the headlines read that more troops were killed, now my cousin, family, friend is over there fighting this war, and there is a possibility, no matter how slight, that those headlines could read his name one day. God forbid, but I can't help but think that. Granted, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of troops that will come back unscathed, and I think Jimmy Edwards will be one of them, but... So basically what I'm saying is back the troops. I've heard and now seen the effects and strains it can put on a mother, father, brother and sister, grandparents, and even second cousins.
Something unrelated, sort of, but as I was writing that last paragraph it reminded me. I do have a myspace page. I'm not going to tell you where it is, but if you know my full name, you'll be able to find it. I was searching for something the other day and ran across a page dedicated to 9/11. Having watched the second plane enter the second tower from the third floor at Seton Hall Prep in West Orange, NJ, and seeing parents of students walking in to pick up their kids with soot all over them, crying and then hearing about the fellow alumni, who we all knew, that were among the missing and presumed dead, I had a vested interest in this page. Granted, everyone was affected by this tragedy almost 5 years ago, but having it hit so close to home, I stopped by this webpage and read. And man oh man, it's gutwrenching to read. Almost hard to read.
On to somethings a little lighter. My liver hurts. I missed AYB3's bachelor party in Newport, RI this past weekend and for most of you, you know it was hard, damn near impossible for me to say no to a bachelor party for a friend, especially when you're "in" the wedding party, but I did. I had to really. Financially, it just didn't make sense for me to go, unfortunately. BUT, I did manage to drink my body weight in vodka/lemonades on Friday night. It got to the point that I didn't get out of bed on Saturday at all. It was really pretty sad. I've been hungover before and useless before, but this was a new definition of the both of them. I was hurting something awful. I don't think words can describe how hurting I was. I woke up at 11:30am, face down on my couch, legs hanging off the end. Apparently, (and no one knows for sure) I must have gotten up to get something to drink and just fell onto the couch not to move again until 11:30, when I got up and the headache kicked in, and stomach not feeling right. I did manage to go to Taco Bell and get some lunch, but came directly home, and ate A taco and went back to the bed. I watched tv for some time, then around 2:30pm, I took a nap. At 10:30pm, when I opened my eyes, I felt better but still not great, and then at 11:30, I got up and had a Gatorade. I think I could write a movie based on my Friday night though, even just from what I remember. I've been gathering facts from people, and suprisingly, I did nothing stupid. Seriously. I didn't, I promise. No peeing in public, nothing. But I was involved in some crazy happenings that I'm not sure I'm going to divulge on this open forum. I will tell some, who am I to hold details from you people. It all started on Thursday night when I called BamaBoy(new name on the blog, not a reader), he's a manager at my old job in mortgages who lives on the island too. I said, and I quote,
Me: What are you doing tomorrow?
BB: Don't know, why?
Me: Because I want to do some drinking with you on the island.
BB: okay.
So Friday came and I had softball. We got beat 24-2. My team had three hits, I had one. I only batted once. That's what happens when you only play three innings because of the TWENTY RUN RULE!!! Oh well, it happens. So I went home, BB was already down at the bar with some peeps so I thought it'd be a good idea to drink some beers quick to get a good base coat. Seven beers and thirty minutes later, I had put a second coat on. AND The Skulls was on, which happens to be one of my favorite dumb movies of all time. So BB called and asked where I was, I said that I was "chugging beers" and I'd be there in 10 minutes. This was at 9:45. At 10:40, I was leaving my place because the movie drew me in. We're drinking some beers down at the bar, I had my own pitcher because...everybody...that's how I roll. Then BB's girlfriend and married friend walk into the bar, and my roomie's there and another friend and his girlfriend are there as well. There's 7 of us. One of the girls suggests that we go to another bar across the street because, "they have liquor." Of course the first question I ask Joel, the bartender is "do you have lemonade?" Obviously, if you didn't skip down the page, you already know his answer. So 156 VL's later and the married girl loves her some Creegs, telling me that the only reason she's still with her husband is because of their son. All I hear though is, blah blah blah {censored}, blah blah blah. (yes, I censored my own writing), and then plants a kiss on me. Not sure how I was feeling about that, I stayed right in my seat and wondered if that would happen again. That's all I have to say about that. Later in the evening, me, BB, his girlfriend and married girl are at BB's place just hanging, drinking more beer, playing with their dog, laughing doing what I do best. The next thing I remember is BB's girlfriend pushing married girl to the ground and MG(married girl) is laying there in a heap, looking like she was dead. None of us did anything. BB's girl went to bed, and me and BB were looking at each other thinking, we should probably do something. Well BB's girl comes back out of the bedroom claiming to call the cops to get MG out of their house, to which MG grabs a wine bottle off the counter and hurls it across the kitchen, exploding it through the oven glass. Unfortunately, I was in the bathroom, but heard the loudest crashing noise I've ever heard. When I walked out, I heard screaming, BB called MG's husband to come pick her up. I walked outside when Husband came, and BB looked at me and said, "I think this night is over Creegs." I took the hint. I wanted to help clean up, but they wanted to asses the situation in the morning. So I called my roomate to tell him to stay awake because I had a story. He was at 7-11, which I thought I was near, and so I walked there to meet up with him. He was with a bartender from one of the island bars (super cute girl), and her friend. I wanted him to drive me home, he wanted a wing man, he won. I remember walking into the bartenders apartment, and she opened an Amstel Light for us all, and then the next thing I remember is being face down in my couch at 11:30 in the morning. That's my story. I pretty much said it all there. Even though I didn't think I was going to.
Hope everyone has a great week. I'm heading up to Jacksonville/Savannah this weekend for the ACC Baseball Tournament...er...I mean, Hunt and FineCheese's celebration of living in Savannah for one full year. Hope I write before then though. Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
You're welcome ZD, glad to provide some classic-ness.
Post a Comment