Sunday, July 31, 2005

Ho Hum

I've really got nothing to report tonight. Nothing new and exciting going on in my world. As much fun as I had at home, minus the funeral, which is never fun any way you look at it, I was very happy to get "home." I love my friends back home, more than words can ever say, but it was good to come back to my life here in Florida. I told my buddy Brad today, (some of you know him as SMOKEY, even though only I have actually taken a dump beside a house, a la Friday), that I was ready to get back to work.

Ezell: Smokey, you takin' a shit?
Smokey: Shhhhhh! Don't tell nobody!
Ezell: (Screaming for all to hear) HEY! SMOKEY BACK HERE TAKING A SHIT! I ain't gonna tell nobody else.

That whole work thing and Cregan in the same sentence is strange. I've held every job imaginable and have not been completely satisfied in any of them. With this job, it joins independence with fun and rewarding, and I missed it for two days last week when I cam home.

Congratulations are in order: My boy Beef got engaged to a great girl on July 9th in Arizona and bought a house in Virginia and told the crew last night (Saturday). It was exciting for all of us. Congratulations buddy! I'm surprised that I didn't open my big mouth having known about it for more than two weeks. That was tough!!!

Thanks to my friends back home for hosting me and having a blast yet again. Brad and Jess for driving me to the airport today, Luke and Dawn for having us over the other night, Alfred, "Kate and Allie" for hosting me on Thursday night, and the list goes on and on. I love you guys, and will see you again in a couple of weeks.

Nothing funny has hit me in a few days, but as soon as something does, I'll get it on this blog. Until then...

"I'm not some guy named Elmo that your kids watch on the Disney Channel." -Neil Simon's Rumors

No comments: