Did you ever just not have it one day and could not wait for it to be over. That's me today. I recently(March) started a new job with this amazing company called Follett Educational Services here, serving the Gulf Coast of Florida based out of my home office in Palm Harbor, FL. The gist of the job is that I drive around my territory looking to purchase used and surplus textbooks from K-12 schools with the ultimate goal of refurbishing them and getting them back into students hands around the company. It's a lot like selling back your books in college for beer money, WHICH (for those who know me) I NEVER DID! haha. We're the people that say that we'll give you $3 for that book that you bought for $106 (damn you Chemistry!). The reasoning behind why you're getting half a pitcher of beer at Tiger Town Tavern for that $106 book is because most likely, the book is not being used anymore, therefore virtually worthless. That's the professors fault, not the nice man behind the cash-register handing out money. (What a diatribe! Another shocker, if you know me)
So today, I'm in Hillsborough County (Tampa) going to my second of three appointments of the day, and I'm at FedEx dropping off some afore mentioned books that I had bought, when my car just up and dies. DIES!!! No crank, nothing, just dead in the parking lot of FedEx. Another point for people who know me, know I have a knack of ruining...er...running cars into the ground. A la 1991 Volkswagon Jetta with 235,000 miles on it that clicked and popped everytime I made a turn, or the 1998 Mitsubishi Gallant that blew up on me on I-80 going to Green Township(wherever that is.) So, I get the thing towed to Jeep to get fixed and I'm currently waiting on the damage. According to Joe Service Guy at Jeep it's just a "minor" part that will "only cost a couple hundred bucks." Those who know about my financial woes, know that "a couple hundred bucks" will ruin me for weeks. Especially with weddings coming up and trips to Maryland, New Jersey, Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, and Asheville, North Carolina coming up in the next MONTH!!! (and with college football starting soon, you know I'll be in Clemson a few times as well)
On the good note though, I went to Enterprise Rent-A-Car(insert plug here), and they offered me a Hundai Elantra, whatever that is, but it turns out that some other customer had been waiting on that car for a half-hour, so then Ryan (my Enterprise worker) goes above and beyond and said that he'll upgrade me to a Chevy Blazer, and yet again, it has been saved for another customer, apparently I'm not good enough for these cars. But then, Ryan goes in one more time and drives around the corner in a Chrysler Seabring CONVERTABLE!!! So that's what I'll be tooling around in (emphasis on tooling) for the weekend, yet I'm too much of a wimp to put the top down.
That's all for now. I thank Brad for doing this before me, it's a good outlet for frustration and stories and God knows I have some stories, which will be post on here very soon. Hopefully, I'll have a new one for you tomorrow as I am heading out with some BROADS tonight! Wish me luck! I need it, all of my friends have significant others, and I would like my sons to date Brad's daughters someday. HAHA!!!
O'Doyle Rules!
No comments:
Post a Comment