Sunday, April 02, 2006

Miami, The Rock and Mr. T!

So my "plans" went from tentative to really weird and fun in the matter of moments. I left Tampa Friday morning to work in Ft. Myers for the day, more than halfway to Miami, with the full intention of heading to Miami, watching the Clemson/Miami baseball game and then most likely heading back home to Tampa. Yeah, that didn't happen. So I went to Miami, got there right before the game, grabbed a bite to eat and went in to catch the tail-end of batting practice and then the game. That's about all that went according to plan. I saw a friends dad down there at the game, and he asked me what I was doing after the game, I told him I was heading back to Tampa to get back home to take care of some business, but instead, I was overcome by peer pressure as he went on to tell me that I wasn't leaving and that I was instead going to crash with them in their hotel. So the next thing I know I'm looking at the time on my cell phone and it's 5, but in the AM variety. So the next day, I got up at 11 and thought that I should just go back to Tampa and miss game two of the series. Yeah, that didn't happen. I was once again talked into staying for lunch, which lead to staying the night once again. So we went to Hooters at 1pm for some greasy wings and a lot of beers. Then back to the hotel to get cleaned up, then to TGI Fridays for some more beers, then off to the game. A bit "under the weather," if you know what I mean.

Here's a side story about how I get a little mouthy where there are a few beers involved. I got to the stadium and the game had just started, my phone rang, so I sat down in the "reserved" seats that were EMPTY, and by EMPTY, I mean that there was not a single person sitting in these seats. NO ONE!!! So I'm talking to my cousin on the phone when I feel this overwhelming presense over my shoulder. I don't think anything of it, hang up the phone and I hear in a hi-pitched really annoying voice, "Can I see your ticket?" To which I go on to tell him that my ticket is for the general admission and I stand anyway during the games, so I'd be on my way, but before I left I asked what the big deal was. He said that the seats were "mainly corporate." I went on to ask if by me sitting there I was doing something terribly wrong by sitting there for three minutes. He wouldn't answer me straight, throwing some bullshit about it "being {his} job." To which I said, wouldn't it look better for the school if people were sitting in those seats instead of having it completely empty? Once the game started about four people ended up sitting in that entire section. I never challenge authority, but on this night, after plenty of beers I had the balls to do so.

So Saturday night was much the same as Friday night, went back to Fridays for some Vodka/lemonade drinks and a bowl of soup, which was absolutely brilliant by the way. If you're ever at Fridays, order the broccolli cheddar soup, it's amazing. Then it was off to Coconut Grove, a little downtown style area with lots of shoppes and bars, etc. A scaled down, not some plush South Beach, from what I understand. A lot of women with fake boobs hanging out of little shirts hanging out with guys that didn't deserve them. It was cool though. Then went back to the hotel for some much needed floor-sleep. Forgot to set my clock ahead today, and had to be in Orlando to pick up Mr. T at the airport at 2. I got there, no worries. My boy is in the house, ready to watch some dogs race around in a circle and bet on them, and drink some beers with some "local game," and see how the "'06" is going for him. Should be fun. Now it's off to the shower and time to change the "draws" because not packing for a weekend comes back to haunt you after two days. Have a great week. Back tuesday with an update on Mr. T's visit. Should be some interesting stories.

Once again, happy birthday to Yarbs! Sorry I missed it. ZD, best of luck in Vegas! Win some freaking money.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my roomate did it and found a place, now I owe him money. Where's the fun in that?!?!