I took artistic liscense with the name of the Mitch Albom bestseller from years past. But as I sat here at my desk in the Chicago hotel thinking about my national sales meeting, even though I'm in Purchasing, it's still a sales job. So I woke up at 4:45 in the AM, I didn't know there were two of them a day(haha, stupid joke) and showered because I can't function without a shower or shouldn't be allowed in public without a shower anyway. Drove 18 miles to the airport in 14 minutes, which is a pretty impressive feat, and then immediately started yawning. I think I fell asleep on the plane and by "I think I fell asleep," I mean that I fell asleep on the airplane and when I woke up my mouth was open and I was about to drool all over myself. The cute girl two seats away was rather impressed.
SPEAKING OF THE CUTE GIRL TWO SEATS AWAY, I got cock-blocked by a 12 year old kid. See, I flew SouthWest to Chicago Midway and I don't know if you loyal readers know much about SouthWest, but it's a cattlecall. You just get a letter and that tells you when you're allowed to board, but doesn't tell you where you can sit, you can sit wherever you want. Well me being a big dude, head not added into the fray, I like to go to the back because 98 times out of 100 people like to be up front when they fly so they can get off the plane first and be on their way. With me, it's different. I'm not really in much of a hurry, I'm relatively patient when it comes to that and don't like to be touched/bumped/elbowed...etc. So anyway, I had A boarding pass, which meant I was to be one of the first on the airplane. It's my time to board and I go directly to the back of the plane. There's one dude there, older gentleman, really nice guy sitting across the aisle from me. We start talking that he likes to sit in the back of the plane for the same reason as me, doesn't want to sit next to anyone. This plan is only good if the plane is not full. Well this flight WAS NOT FULL!!! I don't know if anyone can read capitals, but I'll write it again more clearly(and with all of the resources blogspot gives me) WAS NOT FULL!!! So here comes a cute, little blonde girl looking me right in the eyes, didn't even have to ask, I got up, she got in, thanked me, smiled again. (Mind you, it's 6:30am). We're sitting there for awhile waiting for the greatest sound in the world: The airplane doors closing when you have an empty row or an empty seat in between you. That sound never came. Two little freaking squirts come waddling on the plane, ask the friendly(but not cute) flight attendant where they can sit, she shoos them away, but the younger of the obviously two brothers looks at the row ahead of me, where he sees a scary dude with tattoos and a dark haired, relatively attractive(at 6am) female, or his other option is big headed Creegs and lovely cute smiling blonde to sit between. Who do you think he chooses? That's right. I tell you that because as the cute, smiling blonde was sitting next to me, she dropped something onto the floor in which I rescued for her, she said thank you and smiled. She started asking me about my ipod nano and what type of music I had on it, etc. Small talk, and as I proved this past weekend, I don't do well when females throw themselves at me. Granted, cute, smiling blonde was, by no means throwing herself at me, but it would have probably kept me awake, not drooling on myself for the duration of the flight, and it would have been good conversation. It was great though because as the young cock-blocker sat down, me and cute, smiling blonde(did I get the point across yet?) looked at each other and we both had a look like we knew that our conversing was done, complete, kaput! AND, if there could be a worse part, dude fell asleep instantly and was leaning in my direction, almost with his head on my shoulders. I hope I was snoring!
Side note: poor 12 year old cock block, apparently, it seemed like the kid had crabs. Either that or he was just obtaining hair in his crotch-al region, because dude was scratching his stuff every second of the flight. He even tried some ways to hide it, as if we weren't going to see dude DIGGING for gold "down yonder."
Busy next few weeks, but I did manage to free-write this post. I sat down thinking I wouldn't have much to write and here I am writing one of my longest, self-generated posts in a long while. I'm heading to Massachusetts this weekend for my niece's 1st birthday party and coincidentally, some Clemson baseball against Boston College. Then next week my boss is in town, then I move, then going to Key West for Smoke's bachelor party. Definitely looking forward to some "R&R" in May.
(p.s. check out The Fray and Tom Sartori, two new artists that I've started listening to and they are growing on me. It's good mellow, Creegs-style music, both have websites)
No comments:
Post a Comment