Sunday, April 16, 2006

Tampa IS Fun

So this weekend, my boy (and girl) Hunter and FineCheese came to Tampa for some shenanigans, and shenanigans was had by all. It started out a little slow with Friday afternoon meeting up for some lunch out on Clearwater Beach. We ate, stood on the beach in the water for some time and before we knew it, it was 7:30 and we were still on the beach. Being that the visitors were a bit tired from their early morning trek and long day, they decided to go back to Hunt's brother's house to retire for the night. I went to my boys place and drank some beers until 3:30am, which was not smart at all.

I don't know if I mentioned the story of getting my ATM card taken by Regions Bank ATM machine. It wasn't pretty, but with all of my travel coming up this week, with going to Chicago from Tuesday through Friday and then flying to Boston for some Clemson baseball and my niece's first birthday, I needed my ATM card. Long story short, I got my ATM card from the nice UPS driver on Saturday afternoon at 4pm. So now it was time for debauchery. I began my trip over to Hunters brothers house and stopped at the liquor store and bought a nice sized bottle of vodka, two 12 packs of lemonade and a 12-pack of beer. Well, probably 7-8 vodka lemonades later, we're heading to Channelside, a little upscale bar area in downtown Tampa. From that moment on it was a lot of beer drinking, a lot of laughs and even some Creegs dance party USA-time. It was a good time. I think the quote that Hunter said to me was, "We may have to start alternating weekends between you coming to Savannah and us coming down here." That's fine with me. It was a blast. Great to see the happy couple, and always good to not talk to females at a Tampa bar. Sorry Cheese, I blew that.

This week will be extremely hectic with all of the travel and if I'm not completely tired on Tuesday, I will post something then, but it's up in the air. So don't kill me if I don't post.

Hope everyone has a great week. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: