Once again, it's been awhile since I've written on this thing. Want to give a shout out to one of my new readers. Don't know how you stumbled onto this thing LLittle, but thanks for stopping by. You know most of my antics from Clemson days, hence the title of this post. When does it all end? Now, I'm not going to get deep on anybody today, but I want to know when doing stupid stuff ends for me? Are these the cards that I was dealt?
Back in my younger days I've always been the goof, the actor of the group. I pick my spots, but I always liked to perform. I love the acting thing because I get to be someone I'm not for three hours. Sometimes I'd even do that at a party. Sometimes Anheuser-Busch products helped me along in those efforts. But otherwise I love to make people laugh and because I like to smile and laugh, I hope to help others do the same. Today, I took it to an entirely different level, one that was completely inadvertent, and not sure was noticed, but I noticed and that's what matters.
Drove to a non-descript location on the Eastern part of Florida today for some meetings. Had a great day of buying books (yes, that is what I do), and after meeting #2, I decide it's time for some gas and a bottle of water. So I pull into the local 7-11-like establishment and start the process of filling the gas tank when I do my usual check of my wallet, keys, zipper to make sure everything is in order. Now I must say that it is now about 10am, I've driven a long ways, walked into at least two schools, talked to numerous people. Anyway, I get to the third check, the zipper on my pants, aka my fly, and it was halfway down. I check this thing everytime I get out of the car, kind of like I'm OCD with it, BUT I must have not had enough sleep or something last night because I stopped what I was doing, immediately pulled my fly up to its expected location and laughed uncontrollably in the gas station. I had talked to an assistant superintendent with my fly around my ankles, more or less. I guess someone upstairs is trying to match wits with my fun-loving spirit!
It's funny that things like that happen. Last night, hanging out with a friend I was in my pajama pants. Yes, I live in Florida and yes, it was about 165 degrees last night around 10pm, but I had the pj pants working while in public. (This is also funny to me). As I'm leaving, said friend decided it would be a good idea to see if I had tied my pj pants, which I had not. Brought me back to Beef and PRice's after-wedding party when I was "pantsed" as well in front of a great big crowd. I think it was that experience that elicited the reaction I had last night, which was a mix of utter fear and complete humor. I'm not one that can dish it but can't take it. And I'm a big believer in Karma, and things come back around to you. So I must have done something like that to someone in the past. I just can't remember because of said Anheuser-Busch products and long weekends.
I have another story for another day, but I might as well just add it in here because God only knows when the next time I'll have a post will be. One of my NEWEST pet peeves in this world is the spelling of the word LOSER, or LOSE, or any form thereof. I see college educated people, along with uneducated people use the phrase, "I hate when Clemson looses to teams they shouldn't," or "Creegs, you are a complete and total looser!" or "I can't believe the loosers that root for the Phillies over the Yankees." You get the point. Why does this bother me? I'm not sure, I guess it was my field of study back in college and being the son of a former English teacher, I'm not sure. I just don't understand why people can't spell simple words anymore. Is it the texting society in which we live now? I text...A LOT, and I still spell out my words (for the most part), I'm just now getting used to the "2nite, y don't u come ovr 4 a mtg thx :)" Shouldn't there be a new language taught in college? I think I may try to go get my masters so that I could teach Texting 101, 102, 201, 202 and then the advanced 300- 400- levels of it. But I digress! Why does this bother me so much now? God knows I make a ton of grammatical mistakes and talk in slang all the time and run on sentences with no real structure to speak of. (see???) Am I just getting old and crotchety? Maybe...
Hope everyone is well! It's still really, really hot here. I know not many feel sorry for me having my AC on 72 right now because of the swealtering 95 degree heat in late October, but I'm sweating!
Song on the ipod: 52-50 (live version) by O.A.R. Check it out. It's happy times!
2 comments:
Thanks for the welcome! I stumbled onto this because it is on your facebook page looser! lol! For the record, the use of looser, loser, loose, etc out of context bothers me too. It doesn't bother me as much as it does you I don't think, but it does bother me in a weird way. :) As a reader of your page now, I selfishly hope it doesn't end for you because what will keep us fans entertained? GO TIGERS!!! LLittle
How about "you're and your"? That's the worst!!
Post a Comment