I don't have any real "exciting" news to report, so I figured I'd put something on this space, and it was a song that was just playing on my ipod. One of my favorite bands, especially live, is O.A.R. from Rockville, Md. One of my favorite songs by them is Hey Girl which is a line that I normally say to people, preferably females, but I've been known to throw that out there regardless of gender. The song is great live, and I laugh at the lyrics. Actually, I only actually listened to the lyrics in their entirety today as I sit in front of my computer and it plays on behind me. Here they are. Hopefully, there will be a story to tell this upcoming weekend. Enjoy O.A.R. without the music. My favorite lines, ones that hit home are in bold. Haha!!!
I took this girl out last night and we left around 12,
We walked along lonely streets and got to know ourselves,
I like to read - she likes to write,
She likes to sleep - and I like to stay up all night,
My friends say I'm crazy and I agree,
But that's okay cause that the way she likes to be
Hey girl come with me and let yourself go
Hey girl come with me and let yourself go
Well we went out late that night and we danced through the night
I was holding on to her and she be gripping it tight, she was
But she didn't care, I didn't mind
I was unaware that she liked to act so kind,
My friends say I'm crazy and I agree,
But thats okay cause thats the way I like to be
I say Hey girl, come with me and let yourself go,
Hey girl come with me and let yourself go, go, go-oh,
Just let yourself go
Later on that night I took her home,
I asked if she felt alright being alone
So I went inside, she didn't mind,
Took two to decide that I wasn't going home tonight
I see we're both crazy, that's alright with me,
The night was kind of hazy that's the way it's gonna be
I say now Hey girl, come with me and let yourself go,
Hey girl come with me and let yourself go, go, go-oh,
Just let yourself go, go, go-oh,
Just let yourself go, go, go-oh...Let yourself go
No comments:
Post a Comment