Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Terrible...But I Love It

So I admitted last night to CougarLuvr (my neighbor) that I have not seen the movie 300. I also told him that I didn't really like blood and gore in my movies. I have watched American History X, Boyz N The Hood, A History of Violence, Fight Club...etc, but I don't really go out of my way to watch gore or medieval history movies. I avoided Western Civ classes in college until the last possible moment, and still wanted to drop it because of all the 18 year olds in my class. What I basically admitted was that if the movie is not a slap-stick comedy or romantic comedy, I don't seek it out. That's right. I seek out Romantic Comedy movies. I guess I'm just the "hopeless romantic" that I try to not be. I'm not openly admitting that I'm one of "those" but I like the happy endings.

I tell you all that to tell you that this evening, I watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past {SPOILER ALERT}because Matthew McCon...{sp} is so dreamy. Ok, that's only slightly true. I love Jennifer Garner for one, and second, I thought I could relate to this movie. Without getting way too corny for my own good, I wanted to see a movie, with a happy ending about a guy who f's up way too many times for his own good, and finally realizes how many times he messed up and gets the girl back. That is the gist of the movie. So if you wanted to see the movie and haven't already, I'm sorry. I just saved you an hour and forty minutes of your life. I've been in this position before, and it hasn't ended well, so I wanted to see what it would be like if it did!

I have a story about last weekend that I'm saving. It's more along the lines of funny and fun. I'm headed up to Clemson this weekend to watch my Tigers play. Not sure where I'm staying, but I'll nomad it up if I have to. That's how I roll! More later.

1 comment:

The Former PK said...

I never knew that about you. I mean, I knew you were a hopeless romantic from the moment I met you, but I didn't know you don't like blood and gore. I dig it. Can't get enough of it!