So I've started running. Not really sure why, other than because I'm tired of being "obese" to all these "body experts." I know I have a gut. I know a lot of it is because of the amount of beer I drink. I started, as many know, to only drink one night a week, if any, and that day is almost always Fridays. Saturdays, I famously drink Gatorade by the quart. Alright, it may not be famous to you, the reader, but it's famous in my mind. Then I started to do a little research, and the emphasis is a little. I've found, after being told by the guy who broke a liquor bottle on my "boys" over Crabfest that drinking one of the 32oz Gatorades has over 200 calories, and could be considered a meal. Considering that I drink, AT MINIMUM two a day, and eat two full meals (I know, I should eat three), my caloric intake was above where I need to be. Granted, Earp, along with DishSoap, FineCheese,a (not sure you were there Beefette, were you???) and others said that my butt looked "good" in my jeans (thanks girls! Made my weekend), my gut doesn't look so great in my shirts though, so, with all that being said, I started a running program. Started it on Monday, and went late in the evening, around 9pm. It was great. It was a "cool Florida night." This afternoon, at 3:45pm, it was NOT a cool Florida afternoon. Holy Cow is it hot!!! It's a great program. I downloaded a podcast to my ipod and it's a dude telling me to walk at a brisk pace for the first five minutes, then run for 60 seconds, brisk walk for 90, run for 60, repeat 8 times. Sounds easy, but not for a 265 pound man, with the belly to prove it. The gentleman, and I use that term loosely, on the podcast says, around interval six that you should not be breathing heavy or tired. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I was both, and that was the understatement of the century. But I actually did notice a difference from Monday to today. And it feels good!
Sometimes I hate myself for having a pretty good memory. I think sometimes I'll drink too much so I don't remember everything! Anyway, someone special to me told me that "{they} liked me just the way I am." Besides making me smile, that made me a little lazy. For a few days I thought to myself that I didn't have to run or lose some LB's because that person (no creative name thought of quite yet) was my barometer. My thinking turned, "well if _____ likes me, then I don't need to drop the gut." I loved that line, but I'm single now. I'm ready to "get the hot girl." I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing the mass (not even chins) under my chin. Or looking down right now, after a run, and seeing the belly.
This is just something that I've been doing. Had to write it down. Not looking for any feedback on that front, just hope that when I see my people back in NJ, or wherever you may be, when you see me over the holidays that there's been some progress. If I'm still the fat, funny guy, then I want to be called out that I got lazy. I'm pretty committed, but it's early. I like that I got home from work today, did some paperwork and got my shorts on and put the ipod on, stretched and got on my way almost without thinking. And feel really good afterwards. I worry about week 2 of the podcast, and heard snippets of week 9 and I nearly vomited immediately. Running 30 minutes. RIIIIIIIIIIGHHHT! But that's two months away.
Crabfest...er...Meatfest (see Beefette's blog) was awesome. I was driving home yesterday from Melbourne, and was thinking about my friends. I probably write something about you all often, but then again, I think about everyone often. I don't think I really embrace my trips to see my friends, a la Crabfest because I think about how quickly it'll all be over. Take this year for example. I had a blast getting in there on Friday night, but once lil Beef and -ette were delayed until late Friday night, I started thinking that I'd really just being able to hang out with them for one day. Of course, I made the most of that visit with them, doing a fantasy football draft with lil, and having a one-on-one chat-session on a short ride back to Hunter's parents house, which I always love as well, but then once saturday night was over, that was it. And I started thinking about Saturday night on Friday night. I'm not sure it's as if I didn't enjoy myself on Saturday night, but it weighed heavy. AYB3 was gone by the time I woke up on Sunday. YellowLed(der)bedder was too! The rain didn't wash away the fun, but it probably handcuffed us from doing some of the things we normally would've done, like the bonfire talks, stories, etc. I didn't have any fun ones this year, but my Tampa people told me I should have made one up, but that's not me. My stories are only good (depending on who you ask, and what your definition of "good" is) when they are true, and usually make me look like a fool. What's the use of making one up?
Music Currently playing on the ipod: King's of Leon "Use Somebody"
1 comment:
I know I'm that special someone who said I liked you the way you were, but I didn't know my opinion mattered so much. hahaha. Anyways, good for you for running. I'm a big fan, if not to loose the lbs, but for overall health. Even the skinniest of people don't really take good care of themselves, but I'll get off my soapbox now. If you stick with the program, you will be amazed how far you will come. I plan to hold you accountable!!
I think you hit the nail on the head about Meatfest. While the camper provided a "different" atmosphere for stories, etc, it wasn't nearly as great at the usual bonfire.
Let's do a Sunfest in Florida. Send an evite and they will come.
Post a Comment