Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'm Upset At Myself

It's been awhile since I've last posted on the blog. For no real reason other than it's hard to post daily. My life has calmed down greatly over the past few months, with not a ton of travel and not that much debaucherous behavior. But one thing about the past few months that's been killing me is my lack of communication with my best friends in the world. I'm not sure whether or not it's the fact that everyone is growing up and moving forward with their lives, i.e. getting married, having kids, buying homes, etc. Congrats by the way to the MyJohnson and his bride for the birth of their son over a year ago. Heck, it could be two years by now, I don't know. PhillyLove has a baby at his house. Patty Mac is a daddy as well. ZDP is ready to have a son of his own in a few weeks from now. AY is ready to be a father, KV just got married. Life is moving fast. I was told by Citizen the other night that he's accepted the fact that life speeds up as we get older and that he needs to get out of Florida and move to Montana to relax and slow things down for awhile before he figures out where his life is headed and where he needs to be to move his life forward in a promising direction. I agree with that wholeheartedly. I'm not doing anything drastic like that, but I agree with his view.

I'm sure I left people out of the wedding/children mix and I apologize for that, I wrote that pretty quick and it was all the people that came to mind in doing so. Anyway, on to the meaning of this post.

I've been THE WORST at keeping in touch with my closest friends. Cookie and DishSoap came down to Bradenton, Florida a month or two ago and I did get to see them, even traveling down there to do so. I texted Rock a few weeks ago, and got a call back, to which I haven't responded. Emailed Smoke the other day, in hopes of starting ongoing babble via email and then didn't respond to his email. Got a call from Hunter last night and didn't return the call. This is not done with any malice in mind. I did get a text from AY yesterday to which I responded with a question in hopes of an answer and didn't get one. Am I turning into him? haha. I'm kidding, of course, but seriously! What in the world is going on with "the glue" as I've been called in the past. I hope this isn't the time, which so many people have told me, that you go separate ways from your friends. I know I'm in Florida and the majority of my closest friends from high school are in the Northeast whether it be NJ, MD or NH. My only theory is that I haven't been "home" since Christmas, which may be the longest stretch ever that I didn't return to my roots. Haven't even seen Ma's and Pa's since January, and that was really only for dinner in Naples one night. Many times in the past, in this blog-thing, I've mentioned that I have the greatest friends in the world. I truly believe that! I get made fun of regularly that I still have buddies from high school that hang out religiously. I think it's extreme jealousy that some people don't have many friends at all, especially dating all the way back to high school. I'll end there with one more thought. One that I've been thinking about since last evening when all of this hit me like a truck: I will be better at keeping in touch with everyone. For once, I think it is my shortfall that has given me this thought. BUT!!!! The best part about my friends is that I could pick up the phone tonight, call Rock, or AY, or Smoke, or Cookie, or Beef, or Hunter(FineCheese too!) or anyone else in my circle (wives included) and it'd be like we never left each others side.

I miss everyone tremendously! That's probably the reason for these thoughts. It's probably because I haven't seen everyone all together since August. I had three visitors in January and like I said before Cookie and Dish came down to here in March, but I haven't had a good get together since January.

I hope everyone is doing well! I am! Life is good down in these parts. Congratulations on everyones "grown up goings ons" and I hope to see everyone in the near future. I'm planning on getting up to NJ at some point soon. And if all else fails, I will be in Maryland for Return of the Crab in August! Love you guys!

2 comments:

little beef said...

Vegas baby, Vegas......

bdonin said...

I am impressed by the time stamp on this post!