Monday, January 21, 2008

August 17th?!?! Really?!

I said to myself months ago that I would stop writing on this blog. It has nothing to do with anything, to be quite honest. It was just the keeping up with the demanding schedule of trying to be funny, amusing every other day. It was hard. There are only so many "I drank too much last night" posts that I could write, or I almost got another ticket for urinating in public. That gets tired. Not to most of my "fans" but to me. I feel like I was writing the same things over and over and over again. I felt like I was writing the same things over and over and over again. (ha!) Okay, that wasn't funny.

But I've decided to come back, in limited fashion to revive the "blog!" Somewhat.

Gasparilla is this weekend. I got Smoke, AY, and MaleStripper coming down to do some hanging and celebrate the pirates. Not sure what the pirates do, but there's a lot of dressing up and a lot of adult-beverage consumption. To say it's fun is an understatement. I was in bed, sleeping, at 9pm last year. It's an all-day tailgate-like atmosphere. Reminds me a lot of Savannah St. Patty's Day back when I was in college and we would go to the parade with a back-pack full of beer. Were we in college then? I don't remember. But even though the later years in Savannah weren't as early in the day, they were on par with the fun.

Last year was a good time too. ZDP was in the house, but I'm not sure he had as much fun as the rest of us, as he decided it would be a good idea to drive 5 hours back to Savannah early in the morning, like 4am, early in the morning.

I like this years group because they're all newbies, if you will. Citizen has two friends (they're my friends too) coming as well. One from DC and the other from Chicago. And then the 60 or so people that are talking about coming to our annual Gasparilla brunch should be fun too. Guess I'll have to get to the store to load up on toilet paper.

I'll be sure to check back in here and update the goings ons from the weekend. Smoke gets here on Thursday, and then it begins...

No comments: