Friday, August 17, 2007

Uncontrolable Laughter

Sometimes there are things in this world that just put me into fits of laughter. Things that are just really funny to me. Not sure if that makes any sense whatsoever, but just hang on for a minute. I just went to Yankees.com, being that I am a big Yankee fan, I get extremely bothered when they lose. Now that's a bit rediculous because out of 162 games, they're bound to lose a good share of them. Now being that I've been spoiled the last 11 years of my fan-dom, they've won a lot more than they've lost. That being said, my day this morning started off a bit dull. Having known that the Yanks took one on the chin last night and newest most-hated-ex-Yankee Gary Sheffield ran his mouth about Saint Torre again had me pissed. But then I looked to the little screen on the right that shows some highlights from the last week. There, right in front of me was Shelley Duncan. Now for those that know that I've been pimping a Duncan in the Yankee system for years should know by now that Shelley is not Eric. Shelley is hilarious. Bill Simmons on ESPN.com does an "unintentional comedy scale" but Shelley Duncan is 100 on my "unintentional comedy scale." Not taking anything away from Simmons, being that he is my favorite columnist, but he is a Red Sox fan, so I'm sure he's not really paying attention to Duncan. But Dunc's, as I'm sure he's called, has hit all 6 of his major league home runs in Yankee Stadium. Now that's not the funny part. The funny part, bordering on hysterics, is when he rounds the bases and greets his teammates in the dug out. He goes crazy. Even to the point that the announcer was heard saying, "Look out guys, he's gonna hurt somebody." He's a big, goofy dude, and he's bashing his teammates. It's absolutely hysterical.

Going to the Devil Rays/Indians game tonight. Can'tMiss has a boy that he played at Ferman with that's a reliever for the Tribe, so we got tickets. Being that Can'tMiss is now a local radio personality, he can't do anything too crazy tonight being that his show is at 8am tomorrow on http://www.1010sportsonline.com/. Check it out. For those of you that know him, it's actually very well done.

That's all for now. With the weekend on the horizon and me ready for 100 Bud Lights, there could be some stories coming early next week. I won't promise anything though.

Have a great, safe weekend. CrabFest is right around the corner! Looking forward to it!

No comments: